Pinto headworx

Gaz

Is anyone here running a pinto 2l with the 1600 head.

Also anyone had there head really ported. in the ways of 190cf. Where was this done and who did it.

was it proven with a flow bench.

any help would be good on heads and outcomes with what cams.

cheers

i have heard of runnign a 1600 head.. ups the comp ratio... don't know anyone who has done it though.. i have heard you have to be careful who you get to portr your pinto head cos its difficult and you have to know what your doing... if they are un expierienced it could even come out flowing less and going slower....

The pinto needs a good port and the more the better...but only in the right places. Get it wrong if you're guessing and its a waste of time.

There's actually only 2 basic areas that need to be shaped with the pinto head to gain the first %70 of flow increase through porting. You can find this in David Vizards book and if you follow his advice you can give it a go.

Otherwise my mate often does port's for coin if you're interested. CHCH area.

yeah know all that s**t, actually it is quite reasuring that other people know that as most people thnk your talking shit if you say that porting can take you backwards with a pinto.

I am aware of the porting but because of this not willing to try myself. yeah id need to have a chat to your mate i think RT. I left a message on your other post before i got here and read this. answer on either or.

Those books of Davids are fukn awsome too.

Cheers