Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'slammed'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Technical
    • Tech Talk
    • Tech Articles
  • Projects
    • Projects and Build Ups
    • Project Discussion
    • Two Wheels
    • Other Projects
  • Oldschool Happenings
    • Upcoming OS Events
    • Upper North Island Region
    • Lower North Island Region
    • South Island Region
    • International/Australia

Categories

There are no results to display.


Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Website URL


Skype


Interests

Found 2 results

  1. Right-e-o. Cause I didn't have enough projects on the go I thought I would start another one. Well I kinda gotta start another one to sell a few more of what I've got. So I brought the 1st one so I can show case what I'm going to sell. And hey it's a car. It's oldschool and yeah it will be slammed. So without further ado here is my 1st split window kombi. Me for scale @Archetype for scale So the plan is either find a little go kart chassis and engine or maybe a quad. Make it work keep it slammed and get it ready before kumeu. The guy who is making them for me is going to put a mobility scooter in his but I'm going to want it hide as much as possible I think. Have spoken to Brent and we are going to make some window stickers up to make it look more realistic. But hey here is the beginning of something cool.
  2. Okay so i'm sure you're all familiar with this car.... I saw it on Trademe a couple of months ago and it wasn't far from home so i decided i had to have it. Got in touch with Jake and set up a time to go and have a look. I jumped in my ute with a mate and we head over. Eventually found the place, checked out the wagon and a after a quick driving lesson and loading up a ute full of spare parts we were off back home. The thing was so low it looked cool as fuck. But when my mate who was following in my ute said that it was throwing sparks out the back, and when I couldn't back it out of my shed, I thought i'd better put in some slightly longer cutties... god damn practicality. Next thing I wanted to check out was the air filters because I couldn't feel any suction at all, and as I thought they were pretty dirty. Shot down to Repco and got the only air filter they had the were narrow enough to fit between the carb and the strut tower, and after much modification to the backing plate, I now had twin ram flows This made the wagon run pretty rough, and since I was planning to take it to Brits at the Beach that weekend i googled all sorts of carb balancing/tuning instructions and did the best I could to get it drivable. Also adjusting the timing was a big help. I got a new head unit and tidied up the speaker wiring in anticipation for by far the longest drive i had taken the triumph on. All set, off to Brits at the Beach with my mate in his '71 Avenger, walkie talkies in hand. Got there very slowly with no issues at all. Not everyone there was a fan of our cars but who cares right. Back home after the show and very quickly realised I needed some flashier mags. A bit of searching and found something i liked with in my budget. Unfortunately they're BBS reps which makes me look a bit silly having a sticker that says "fake splits can fuck off" mean while i was still playing with the mixture trying to get a better tune. A few trips out of town soon made me realize Im not a huge fan of exhaust fumes so I had a new exhaust made and a few hundred dollars later no more leaks. A slow day at home i decided i paint the rocker cover racing red. Jumped on the lathe at work and made a little shiny dildo shifter and a couple spikes to go the the rocker cover studs. Decided I wanted to tint the head lights yellow so I went ahead and did it, not every ones cup of tea I guess but its also not everyone's car. Desperately wanted the chrome surround on the front windscreen seal so I got a new rubber off Rimmer Bros (as well as some other parts) and took it to a guy in to get it changed. Made it look alot nicer I think. I got a little rev counter and put it where the not working clock was. Brought a sub woofer for a little more doof doof since the 6x9s in the back were blown. Did a rough repair on the speedo cable to get that up and running. Put in a new fuel level sensor because that thing didnt know which way was up (Still doesnt, if any one knows why please let me know) and set the valve clearances which were really far out on some of them (0.040")... No more ticks And at last my not so creative mind came up with a theme to replace Legit Splits. Being from the heart of the South Waikato... Waikato Draught it is "Support Your Local" Had some stickers made, stuck them on. And that pretty much brings us to now. Cars running Average - Good, looking alot like I want it to look, and with out a doubt keeping me busy and entertained. Next thing to do is shocks and springs because the shocks are fucked and theres no point putting in new ones if the springs are gonna fuck them up again. So Im currently in the process of sorting that out. Keep watching this space