JR’s Mk2 Capri

JR

I need some advice.

How do I un fuck this..

When I put the V8 in I was very short of realestate and cut out the radiator mounts.

20230923-153126.jpg

Ideally I would like some factory looking mounts to go back in.

Something like this.

images-20.jpg

Problem is, I'm a shit fabricator. If I could find replacement panels I'd happily do that but I can't find any.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

20231225-165329.jpg

20231225-113600.jpg

She goes 100mph just sitting there. Pretty stoked. I picked the engine up a few days ago, the guys at Kennally Cams did a brilliant job. I've just been putting the shiny parts on.

20231225-204346.jpg

The bellhousing and clutch kit arrived from Dellow Conversions. On the whole I'm happy with it. The bellhousing is perfect, but I'm a bit worried about the clutch assembly  they supplied and would appreciate any input.

They supplied a kit to mate the engine to a w57. Pressure plate, clutch, slave cylinder, bellhousing etc.

They modified the pressure plate that they supplied. The original ford pressure plate has 6 bolt holes plus 3 holes for dowels that are on the fly wheel.

The one they supplied has 6 holes total. 3 line up with bolt holes and the other 3 have been drilled out by them where the dowels go.. But over sized so the dowels no longer locate the pressure plate. 

20231220-163000.jpg

That is one of the holes they drilled out.

20231220-161811.jpg

This is it sitting on the fly wheel.

I have just had the engine balanced. My concern is that without the locating dowels (they are useless as the holes are now too big) the 3 bolts alone won't locate the pressure plate exactly in the center necessarily. 

They guys that built the engine don't think it's a good idea to run as is. What are your guys thoughts? 

I queried Dellow, and they said yeah, nah, it's sweet.

Also, the front cut for the radiator suport panels seems to have fallen through. I think the dude literally died. No answer to calls, txt or email. And the shop (kiwi auto) is chained closed.

Cheers for any input!

John.

• Like 8

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...