Rotormotors' 1990 FC Rx7 Brapta$tical coupe

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Also, other than the corroded waterpump housing forcing me to find a replacement, this is the only other corrosion present.

Its pressed in metal tube so I not sure where to improve this heater hose inlet/outlet.

Thought was por15 paint it,  leave as is or fit sleeve inside or...

20231105_210636.jpg

• Like 1

Finished painting my alt and startermotor bits to give back to auto sparky with the vapoured castings for reassemble.

My builder has had a scheduled arm operation, he hoped to get my engine built before years end but not even started physio yet.

I said your mobility more important than my wankel so likely wont be this year :(

Its the Same arm as Billy Hol so obvious joke is them tag teaming up to teach each other tricks  and build it haha.

So I'm only gonna have a finished gearbox, inlet manifold, radiator, fuel rail, starter, alternator,  painted irons and waterpump  to show for my troubles and dollars :flower:..such is project life...

• Like 6

Trying to figure this heater outlet pipe before painting.

My builder has an early RX7 replacement which is threaded into the iron  whereas mine is pressed in.

Either destroy mine pulling it out (40mm into iron not shifted for 30years) and fit a pressed in plug with internal thread to suit the early Rx7 or my thought is to get an engineering shop to make up a replacement pipe with flared out to fit over the cut back original.

Being busy at work I need to take time off work to trapse the local engineering firms.

received_1095027131904237.jpeg

20231112_141246.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Me AND Mazda parts man learned that the 2 tranny boots I needed were not separate items but a 2 part item.

Wasn't till I opened the bag after tooing froing with him to find the mystery smaller boot part number with him.

I have a S4 Rx7 full Parts catelog in Japanese which is helpful for identification and exploded view part items, but not so much the part number as mine a S5.

20231218_170421.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

And removed the cold start assist with thermowax for better flow on the throttle body and one less coolant line to leak and our moderate climate cold start never an issue.

Tapped 2x M12 threads and fit grub screws..also fitted Greddy Expansion tube for future FMIC so have some hotshop Japanese parts to show off lol.

20231230_183401.jpg

20231230_183500.jpg

20231230_183438.jpg

• Like 5

Fitted the recent procured emisson  blank off plates x4 and fit 2x grub screws to housings to blank off Oil metering lines from the deleted OMP (be running premix)

Tried tp get grub screws for the oil lines on inlet but they not have that pitch.

I can fit just screws but my OCD wont let me give up the hunt lol.

20240103_155410.jpg

• Like 2