30Degrees 1975 Datsun 260c H330 Station Wagon

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Fresh WOF and Rego.

Hayden (unsure of his old school name) just welded a 10mm plate to either side of the lowering blocks. Def looks like it needs another 1” to get rear low enough but good for the moment. New 2nd Hand bump stops on front and rear. Job done.

Was struggling a little mentally with putting car seats in so figured I’d send to a Nissan mechanic to look over for peace of mind. Really glad I did as what they found was:

1. Front left bottom arm loose as a goose. Tightened up. 2. Both front tie rod end boots fecked, actual rods all good. They suggested replacement. 3. Park not locking up, readjusted rod from stick to transmission. Park now locks drivetrain.
4. Rear brakes backed off and readjusted (were way unbalanced). 5. Freed up handbrake cable a little more and adjusted to work.

cost to wallet… FREE absolute legends. 

The front bump stop distances between stop and contact point (unsure what it’s called) are uneven. One has 2finger space while the other has less than 1finger between. Springs are brand new v6 HQ. Is that normal? IMG_7590.thumb.jpeg.3b36ec103a18c131b35a6778940daf22.jpeg

• Like 7

• 3 months later...

Pulled front sus out to take a look and try replace damaged/non existent dust boots. Tie rod ends were easy to measure and replace from shelf. 
bottom & top ball joint has a complete replacement (apparently) but the taper is bigger then my H330 measurements. 
instead I purchased the Nissan Terrano bottom ball joints just swapped out the dust boots over. Cost me a whopping $12 for the two so they were easy purchases. 

I have 2xD21 bottom ball joints going free if anyone wants (minus the dust boot of course).

im still on the hunt for some dust boots to fit the top ball joint. Can’t bring myself to buy a brand new D21 single for $90. Will try the wreckers first. 

im trying to decide how fussy I should be with reassemble of suspension ... Do I completely strip clean, powder coat etc or just give a clean and reassemble.

IMG_7908.thumb.jpeg.3c2190f631ac22c5c5b80033faf986d4.jpeg

Left one is the D21. Right one is the H330 with stolen boot. 12mm holes and larger taper, shame it’s not a complete swap.

• Like 8

• 2 months later...

I’m stumped.

so I’ve sorted all the dust boots, reassembled to what I thought would be exactly the same set up. But no the passenger side assemble sits lower than the drivers side. (I finger space vs 2).

pulled apart again as I read potentially have left and right spring around wrong way…pulled springs and shocks out but I’m dammed if I can tell ‘em apart.

springs are HQ 6cyl with identical markings.  Spring perch is the same. Would camber spaces/shims have anything to do with it? 

now that I’ve looked at the dam things so long I can’t remember which one was in the left or right. 

image.jpg

• Like 3