Throwback scooter.

Muncie

Remember when I built that cute little stand up scooter then got carried away and turned it into a motorcycle?

Well after building 5 or so other projects I didn't throw anything away so I'm recreating the fold up scooter Go Ped style to stuff in a car boot or work wagon for smoko runs.

Will be stand up 5hp and have wheels capable of going over bumps without crumbling. 

I'm not going to bother with jackshafts etc so the engine will just go where it needs to go, 

LQI3HpR (2).jpg

IMG_20230105_155750_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• Like 2

Nothing motivates me more than the last day of time off. So smashed this together in 90 minutes and it's nowhere near as janky as my last build started off.

Joined the two headtubes together with a angled cut so maximum cross section tacked with mig then tigged it together.

IMG_20230108_154900_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Did some stuff today made a manifold to fit a 19mm carb off a pit bike to the little robin engine. My first time welding cast chinesium alloy took far too long but it is together and seems airtight.

Oh and it runs. Good for motivation. 

IMG_20230129_155456_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

IMG_20230129_155503_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

It's a roller,  chains even connected to engine 1 wheel bearing from been ridable.

Ass end got mounted to engine plate in end as its pretty sturdy allows the scooter frame to be less stressed.

Just cables brake calliper mounts and a new back wheel to wrap this up.

Have all except the wheel.

IMG_20230621_165138_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

IMG_20230621_165158_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Got to the point I realised I'm one bracket for a brake caliper away from this been usable. 

New rear wheel on route as I couldn't be bothered fitting a new tyre. Looking forward to saving money on lime scooters. 

Will ride around make sure its sorted then paint it call it done.

• Like 2

Been off sick from work this thing was bugging me in its not far but not going status.

So made the caliper bracket and a cable to suit boom! working front brakes, quick spanner check. Went to refit fuel tank.... fuck new carby is in way. 

Couldn't wait so filled the carb up got it warm topped it off again and went for a wee ride. 

It's on par with a lime scooter but would bet its got a pretty hearty top end.

Kill switch a fuel tank and paint its done.

IMG_20230823_173723_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Added a small fuel tank to it and other than an annoying float height leak its run faultlessly just real minor things like adjusting brakes that didn't stop it for long.

Kids and myself ran 3 tanks of gas through it over weekend took it to Auckland my son rode it around panmure basin. Good fun chugs along pretty effortlessly and steams up hills I struggle to walk up end up being pretty light too.

Gets a wobble over 40kph I'll see if I can add some bracing to get rid of it but you wouldn't normally go that fast on it anyway.

20230911_061104.jpg

• Like 1