Jump to content

Mr.Mk1’s ‘70 Dodge Coronet 440


Recommended Posts

The consolidator fucked around for a week and we missed the container. Gotta wait another month until the next one, then another for it to float over.

Fuck you Robert, I’m sour!

Leisurely scraped some underseal + all the old deposits and shit off the diff to aid the sandblaster. Pulled the rear brake hose to match at work..it’s identical to the fronts just a little shorter so that’s a bonus.

talked to the blaster tonight and will tee up a quick inspection in the weekend.

 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

0D781Kc.jpg
ZyO41lx.jpg

SY5NYUB.jpg
f1qRmNc.jpg

I just assumed it was a cheap aftermarket finger trimmer fan painted black but she’s original

ESEPVHb.jpg
 

Part of me wanted to paint strip and polish up the alloy blades; but the rest of me just blastedit all and painted it black.

In other news there’s a fucking ship wedged in the Suez Canal and global shipping is all up the shit until god knows when.

sigh

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

Today’s mish was to clean up and paint the bumper, then it rained.

I got a bit done but not the bulk of it as the compressor shat check valve.

U3DwwU4.jpg

TukfPTe.jpg
m7Jp0Tc.jpg
1cjqa8n.jpg

ehNIKqP.jpg

I wanna do the frame in hammerite but I’ll be patient and let the black zinc cure first.

whipped the overspray and sealant off the screen trims and straightened a few bits.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tranny all sealed up again. 
C0PfLe0.jpg

Fuel tank straps cleaned up, welded some soft bits, rust killed and painted silver.

93AMRIq.jpg
DZRFI23.jpg

Still working on the wiper pivot. 

6B9xnnv.jpg

decided to grind off the rivet and drive the shaft out then clean up and reassemble, weld where the rivet was to the bracket.

walking back from the grinder the fucking alloy housing just crumbled and both wings fell off!

I have an idea for a fix but not today.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

I freed the wiper! 
 

z9nOL1s.jpg

fucking pot metal shit.

The shaft runs on brass bushes either end and the middle section was full of some now-solid shellac sorta shit which jammed it up good.

I have cleaned and lubed it, now trying to epoxy the housing back together. It doesn’t have to look good as it’s not seen, but it needs to be reliable when used.  The ugly repair method should work in my favour, I just have to take my time and let it fully set each time 

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...