Jump to content

Rb drifters' skid hack ex lancer

Recommended Posts

Sooo I've always tried to have a dedicated skid car to stop me doing silly things in my good cars. It's been about two years since I sold my rb25de r32 drift hack and the pressure has gotten to me....


I've been keeping my eye out for a while and purchased this off a mate for a good deal



It's a rolling body, deregistered. Has damaged right rear quarter panel and a few bits of rust to sort....


Link to post
Share on other sites

My previous lancer skid car was ruff as guts and running a sohc 8v 4g63 motor. It would crank 5th gear burnouts and won me a little bit of prize money over the years.  


This time i would like some more power, style and build it to drift rather than burnouts.

So with more power in mind I bought a gsr 1800 sohc turbo 4g93t long block off a mate that already had forged pistons and rods



And along the lines of better style I've had this boot wing in my shed for some time now, also was gifted these flares from bigfoot. The flares are from a mini apparently so not quite right but I'll modify to suit the body better.





  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Did some measurements today which are hopefully accurate. Rear diff is 1400mm wide, front suspension hub to hub is about 1400mm wide too and wheel base is 2450mm long. Was abit hard by myself to be accurate.  

Google searched what a nissan s13 is which resulted 1465mm front and rear width and 2475mm wheel base. Reason behind comparison is s13 is a popular drift chassis due to wheel base. Also I'm contemplating using an r31 skyline rear end (1465mm wide) and s13 front crossmember, suspension etc for better options of coilover and brakes and proven steering modifications to achieve more lock.

Jacked it up on axle stands and found some interesting rust, someone had bogged and undersealed the chassis rails which has resulted in them being very rusty.....



Removed the rear springs and tried on my heart wheels for some inspiration also




  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

So this long weekend I managed to make some progress. 

Stripped out all the front suspension and steering components 




Then made some measurements and comparisons between the lancer crossmember and an s13 Silvia one. Yeah I got some sweet art work





  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Then the cutting and welding begun. The Nissan crossmember had already had the rack mounts shifted forward but it's not the prettiest job. The mounts I made are abit ruff atm but they work for test fitting everything plan is to get an rb crossmember and do same mods but nicer for better engine mount position. 




Did a pick a part mishion for some c34 laurel front knuckles and steering rack. One mate donated some s14 lower arms, and scotty d drift donated some Silvia shocks and springs. Absolute GCs. 

Chucked it all in for a test fit




Left the lancer castor rod in and I think I'll leave it in if theres enough clearance once this has some added steering lock. Also removed the sway bar because dont need one for drifting apparently 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Next on the Nissan-mitsi inter breeding schedule was the rear end, have decided to go with a Borg warner diff from a r31 skyline.

The right width to match the front end, 3.89 ratio, 4x114.3 and disck brakes. So just requires a welded diff centre and some mounts to match the lancer arms.




Stripped the mounts off the diff already. Did some measurements and will make the lower arm mount lower at the diff end and higher at the body end. Same with the top arm but chassis rail will be in the way so will be abit difficult 




Will make the car squat properly which is what were after. Wont be mounting spring mounts as will be converting to a coil over setup.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 10 months later...

It's been a minute..... 

Here's some progress I guess ?

Ditched the borg Warner diff idea when I had a mind explosion. Now has a s14 rear end I'm trying to modify into it.

The surgery started with small cuts and ended up at this current state...




definitely in the deep end over my head but all decisions have happened slowly with plenty of good advice from mates that are experienced in this field of torture. 

S14 subframe was purchased for one 18 box of 7p Cody's, no covid or rfb tax to be seen

Obviously next step is to make a new rear chassis to accept Nissan plague into the lancer. This is a huge step and learning curve for me so may be awhile before another update 

Also a sweet handbrake I scored cheap 


And a sweet meme that suits this car



  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...