Mikuni Solex Carb rebuild

Minister88

Hi guys, 

Finally my 76 Celica arrived from Perth this week!

Considering that I bought this from Gumtree (aus craiglist) without viewing the car.. its not as bad as it could have been. 

Bit of rust to get thru for compliance but body is dead straight. 

I will be doing some usual servicing to get the car running but it looks like a bit of fuel or residue is leaking from one of the carbs. 

Currently runs a type T? Mikuni Solex dual carb on an 18RGEU. I was thinking about rebuilding the 2 cards myself but I have absolutely no  experience in this sort of stuff.  My mate suggests that we leave this to a pro to deal with and do it right the first time.. 

Has anyone rebuilt their carbs from scratch? If you could share some of your experience so I can determine the best option going forward. 

Many thanks

Min

Hey, my only experience is with Mikuni SBN's but don't be afraid of doing it, carbs aren't as scary as they seem.  The first time you do one it takes awhile but the next time you can do one in 20min.  You'll know a bunch more afterwards too. 

Buy JIS screwdrivers, you'll end up stripping the screw heads if you don't get these.  I have some Vessel brand ones that are quite good, got them in the states but I think my friend ordered some from here https://ronenright.co.nz.

• Like 1