Fagoffs hotter 73 HQ

fagoff

We have replaced the accelerator linkage with a cable setup which really made the carby and motor come alive both barrels on carb are working fully now. Only trouble ive got is the pedal has a sticky point about 1/5 of the way down which makes it tend to rev too fast when you push on pedal, past the sticky point. I think its something in new pedal setup as when I disconnect cable from carby and hand operate accelerator on carb it is all smooth. Will look at it again over the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not happy with the ADM 34 auto choke carb ive got so I'm going to change it for a new weber 38 DGMS manual choke which is the proper choice with all my mods. Engine has lots more power but really chews through the gas now.Im also having a water jacket attached to bottom of the manifold to stop petrol pooling in manifold.I guess I will need to replace my manifold gasket which was new on a month ago, ? Does anyone know where I can get a new one from ?.

I'm not happy with the ADM 34 auto choke carb ive got so I'm going to change it for a new weber 38 DGMS manual choke which is the proper choice with all my mods. Engine has lots more power but really chews through the gas now.Im also having a water jacket attached to bottom of the manifold to stop petrol pooling in manifold.I guess I will need to replace my manifold gasket which was new on a month ago, ? Does anyone know where I can get a new one from ?.

Manifold to carb gasket? Or manifold to cylinder head gasket?

• 3 weeks later...

Got all my bits back and fitted .I had a water jacket welded to bottom of the inlet manifold , ive teed hoses off heater through that .They made up some snazzy brackets to attache my accelerator and choke cables. When I checked my plugs prior to first time running engine, they were all black and carbed up. I think ive got it running pretty good now.I think the fuel mixture is not too far off ,the plugs are now much cleaner a light brown color.They gave me some extra jets ,so I might try them after a week or so and see if they are better or worse. I managed to reuse my air filter after a bit of alteration. I do notice that there is a sticky point when I first pump the pedal which is a bit annoying ,once past that point it accelerates smoothly, So I'm working on sorting that out. With cable removed the mechanism on carb turned freely by hand though a bit stiff. And the cable seems pretty free and no grabbing. Ill try and get some pics on later.Car starts up good now when cold ,and has some wicked power too.