Yoshka's 89 gx81 chaser

Yoshka_81

Well the inevitable finally happened a cop saw me from the other side of the motorway and chased me down:

VwKatH0.jpg

So missions on i guess. The known issues are wheels, adjustable suspension, high stop light and replace the exhaust so not really thaaaat bad...

Zmc8kWa.jpg

started on sunday with a mate was going alright with the usual outbursts of frustration until i went to unbolt the exhaust and looked straight up...

oZIlIEB.jpg

Most of the chassis rails low points are split.. yay... Progress will probably be pretty slow, which it already is, so it will be even slower i guess, to get it ready to take to the mighty VTNZ.

On the upside here's an awesome shot by Keegan when i was leaving chrome a few weeks ago

kgD0JCR.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A few weeks ago I managed to score a red top 1gge out of a gx81 on Facebook. Ive been looking for quite a while for one, not posting anything but always searching just in case one came up. This one happened to come up at the same time I got a tax refund so there was no way I was going to miss it. It got delivered last night but it will be a while until I put it in I still need to do a whole lot of work before I can take it to vtnz so it'll be some time after that

HhgAoTk.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

fZjTlKW.jpgVsDDPzC.jpg

Success! Can't believe it passed... 

the same day it was all back to normal :) 

Also got a custom 2" straight through with a resonator tucked up as high as possible but it's still scraping a bit at one point by the diff  

• Like 2