jackeo21's 1983 Mitsubishi Mirage Panther II

jackeo21

Hey all,

Finally got around to making a thread for the beast that we picked up from ZebraDude not too long ago.

Title says it all, its an 83 Mirage panther II. This is a NZ new Todd motors car.

At the moment we're just getting it up to rego standards. Got a Carjam report so hope to use it as evidence and keep the black plates.

After the reg is sorted it's probably gonna get repainted silver. Was going to give it a set of hotwires later on too.

-jackeo21

(it's hard to get pics where it is)

nwdrsoqm.olo.jpg
nmskgiiy.4fe.jpg
pfj0hkq4.xcq.jpg
  • Like 4

Picked up a tailgate and door off a turbo model. Mostly will be used as spares but I need the drivers window because it has a pressed on rail thing at the bottom which bolts onto the regulator and makes the window go up & down. The old one rotted away.

Also played with a fuse and brought the Hazzard, interior and clock lights back online.

Getting nearer and nearer to rego time!

vxvjy31e.r03.jpg
ri1u5xup.ovz.jpg
5ok1qhel.tqj.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Installed a classic radio due to popular demand.

The newer pioneer will be installed in the lower tray area. Might be able to see it in the picture.

Putting a classic radio in required most of the dash to be taken apart, resulting in a bigger job than I wanted it to be!

m2ket2ky.vgc.jpg
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Bit of an overdue update,

Finally got her wof and rego sorted! And shes able to retain the black plates too. Today I had a go at polishing up a wheel, what an improvement! Only 4 more to go... :-D

Not much else has been changed but I hope to get into the bigger things soon. I'm on the lookout for a drivers seat and a rear bench seat. Also need to get that clarion radio sorted.

iqgvrj1a.zhf.jpg

0omyotmz.vuq.jpg

• Like 6

Restored the Right Front Wheel today. Spent about 2hrs on it and I think it came up really nice. I decided to paint the inner sections of this one. I used engine enamel silver (hard wearing) and clearcoated it. The face of the rim was sanded with multiple different grits of wet & dry sandpaper, and buffed up with some polish and "silvo". I also gave the wheel well a scrub and a quick coat of matte black to bring it back to life and prevent rust. Hope to get started on the rear wheels tomorrow.

Once the wheels and wells are done I'll move onto the engine bay.

-Jack

olhup4v2.z2j.jpg
u3rzyuza.3ci.jpg
4eejago0.1sx.jpg
n2x2rjwp.zzv.jpg
u32ydmdz.kla.jpg
  • Like 5