MX41Chaser's MX41 Chaser Coupe 1980

MX41CHASER

Hey Guys I've been meaning to post this project up for years but never find the time and I'm hopeless with taking photos.

This project has been going on for about 8-9 years. Basically a good friend of mine has had this Chaser for years he used to sell it to people and when it rusted out he'd get it back weld some patches in it and then sell it again. I managed to convince him to give it to me back then. He had already fitted a 5mge. I bought a soarer and pulled the 1jzgte from it with plans to install it. post-8264-0-78292200-1438408021_thumb.jpg post-8264-0-41500500-1438408058_thumb.jpg

Then after being told by a Toyota guru that there was such a thing as a Toyota V12 I managed to track one down in Japan and imported that in 2009.

post-8264-0-04180500-1438408593_thumb.jpg

The thing that has made this project drag on for so long it that it's so rusty!!!. I've had to buy so many other rusty cars to get better parts from to help with the build, I've been so busy for the last 6 yeasr building my business I haven't had time to get to work on to it and trying to find a good panel beater who wants to do this kind of work has been near on impossible. It's an idiotic build but the car's rare and will be cool once done- if it is ever. I've built a chassis jig to it sits all square while we do some sill mods to help handle the torque.post-8264-0-36968400-1438408626_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Phil Bradshaw we were able to get an auto bellhousing and develop a R154 to 1GZFE bell housing so thats what we will be using to back the V12. Down the back will be a G Series unit from either a Granvia or MA70

Plans were to go 5 stud but I've decided to keep it oldschool and stay 4 stud wit SSR 15" Mesh wheels I've got some many different offsets that I'm able to play around with different options.

I'm hoping this year we can get into the rust and get some progress. Sorry for the lame pics,had never planned on doing a build thread.

• Like 8