Browndog's 1979 Ford Transit Sundowner (yes another one!)

browndog

It's a bit like waiting for a bus (or a minibus in this case!)  you wait for ages and ages, then two come along at once! I had been looking for a Transit Sundowner for several years, and had pretty much given up on finding one, then a friend  pointed one out to me for sale on another forum in Adelaide, and I bought it. I have only done a little bit of work on it so far, but still plan a stripdown and full resto.

Then two weeks ago someone else pointed this one out to me, and I just had to have it. It is a 1979 build, in a colour called Marigold, and is very original, even down to the stripes. It has been parked up for about 20 years, and the person I am buying it off purchased it 3 months ago from the first owner, with a view to restoring it. Things changed, and he advertised it for sale. I saw some pics and had to have it  :) Originally a 3 speed manual, it has been converted to auto. It had power steering fitted from new by a dealer, as well as air conditioning. The power steering box looks like a Ford Bronco one, it is quite a good conversion.

The vendor is just getting the brakes working, as the shipping company won't move it on only the handbrake, which is all that works at the moment. The engine runs okay though.  Anyway, I am just arranging to get it shipped back to NZ, and it should be here in a few weeks.

Discuss here: //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/49414-browndogs-1979-ford-transit-sundowner-yes-another-one/

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

RORO ferry docked at Auckland ports this morning with van on board. A top secret agent of mine snapped a couple of spy shots for me using stealth technology :-)

on board, about to be unloaded:

IMG_3159.JPG

unloaded, waiting for inspection from the authorites:

shock.jpg

Will probably take a couple of days to be cleared, so hopefully will be delivered later this week:)

• Like 6