ta63-1uzze's1972 mini clubman

so this is my first car . as a little kid I always loved minis, and vowed to own one when i was old enough . 

I got this when I was 15 , its a 1972 clubman, 1000cc , 10 wide wheels, lowered, had tints, exhaust,  was great fun to drive.

lots has happened since then, its changed color and just about everything else has also changed.

I have taken the last year off working on the carina to get this thing finished, its been in the garage in bits for about 14 years. no real reason other then me lacking the know how/ability/direction/cash .

so I had a burst of inspiration and with a healthy wad of cash in hand I commenced with a ground up rebuild .

this is what it looked like over 15 years ago when I first bought it .

IMG_20150711_195127_zpso1k4lwon.jpg

sadly i got hit by a car and it was damaged too much to repair, so i set out to find another shell . lots of stuff has happened since then and this is what it currently looks like 

made a dash board and painted it black. put some tweeters , tiny tach and a radio . much nicer than what i originally had 

IMG_20150711_191706_zpsg7l9enkr.jpg

got some sweet 4 pot metro brakes, did some magic on them and made them mini/metro to keep the geometry correct. but now the 10s no longer fit over the brakes : ( 

so new wheels and tires . just need to spin up some spacers for the back to get the track right . 

IMG_20150711_191630_zps7d17jgyk.jpg

so i painted the engine bay, that means the engine needed to look as good as the fast bits inside .

so its currently a 1330cc , mild cam, 40mm delauto side draft. modified a nissan pulsar dissy to fit mini . (electronic ignition!!!)  fitted a alt instead of a generator !! , 

new paint so it doesn't look like a pile of shit. i had to do a gearbox rebuild so it made sense to paint it up whilst it was all in bits. 

IMG_20150711_191652_zpsxjmrpesm.jpg

IMG_20150711_191639_zpsperrmsbm.jpg

so made a nice and silly exhaust, looks funny, hope its not too loud as i plan to make this my daily driver 

among other things that i haven't taken any pictures of but i have done are :  made new seat mounts and retro fitted honda prelude front seats, trimmed and finished boot with a 12 inch sub and amp ,new glass seals,  re sealed the under side , completely overhauled and replaced suspension joints bushes cones, new brake system , shit what else, i have pretty much just checked/replaced/ overhauled everything . in no particular order at all . if you have seen my other build thread you know that i cant stay on track on one thing for too long. 

but its almost done, and i look forward to learning how to tune up side draft and hopefully having a cool little mini for my daily driver : ) 

take that rego costs!!! 

more pictures to come soon. should have the engine in the hole this week once i get my fuel pump sorted 

lots done so far, re arranged the dissy to the correct orientation and outputs (thanks rip for the advice you were spot on ) 

got radiator poked and pressure tested.

got engine in the hole

got all the little bits in the engine bay 

plugged/bunged all the little holes in the firewall 

used a steering rack boot to makeshift firewall grommet plug thingy for the main wiring loom( i made a huge hole many years ago to remove the loom stupid me but at the time i didn't know it was meant to come out the other way ) but the rack boot worked amazingly well (used a stretchy boot) 

i still have a sticky caliper so sort out and the outer guard edge is scrubbing the tire so i cant get full lock , and its not even wound down to the lowest setting, some say i could just wind it up for the clearance but we all know that's not going to happen!! hahahaha

IMG_20150718_182449_zps0gpsyo4t.jpg

IMG_20150718_182520_zpsyqsgi7vj.jpg

IMG_20150718_182438_zpsi5wscj8r.jpg

IMG_20150718_182531_zps3ghvjirv.jpg

so today i am going to roll it outside and water test all the seals, generally clean it cause its been in the garage for over a decade 

then if all is good carpet can go in , and then its on to brakes wheel alignment and carb tuning .

i haven't run it up yet because i need to check the carb over first make sure its not full of shit  

yay !!