Zebra Dudes 1976 Ford Gran Torino

The Dude

• 1 month later...

So I just thought you might like to see this, this is the only Torino ever entered into European Sports car racing, this is the 1976 Le Mans. Yep that really is a Torino going round a Porsche on the inside, note the look of shock and horror on the Porsche drivers face :)

post-18249-0-41895700-1422046837_thumb.jpg

post-18249-0-01728200-1422046869_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

So some actual news, I have just aquired a set of 15x 10.5 Dan Gurney GT40 Slot mags (real Magnesium!) with the most obscene dish ever (think two bic lighters end to end!) for the rear of the old girl and a set of 14x7 Tridents for the front, shackles, airshocks and Rake insanity beckons.

Photo's soon!!!

Oh and more story too!!!

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

So early the next morning, large hangover in tow we set off for the sites of Aspen.

I immediately pulled out of the Hotel and set off at a good pace.

"AAAAAAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!" shouts Watton

"What? Whats up? calm down"

"Arrrrggggggghhh!!!"

"Are you having a heart attack?"

"WRONG"

"What? Whats Wrong"

"WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!!!!!"

"FAAAAARRRRRRKKKK!"

I quickly swerved across the median and back to the correct side of the road, narrowly avoiding spinning out and sending a Geo Metro to the promised land.

"Shit I said, maybe I should write something on the dash to stop that happening again?"

"No just don't do it again" Watton said starting to fix himself a Gin and Tonic

"bit early for that isn't it?"

"There might not be a later, the way you drive. and anyway if you don't want one dont have one!"

"Well I didn't say that! no need to be testy!"

Soon we were winding our hay out of the scrub and up into the hills, the Torino muttering away and sucking down gas like Kim Dot Com at a cream bun festival.

Aspen, as you might have heard was home to one of the greatest writers ever, father of Gonzo Journalism Hunter S Thompson, and after reading his novels for years,

I was unsure quite what to expect, the scenary and some of the towns on the way there were giving no clues

post-18249-0-66187200-1429010291_thumb.jpg

We eventually pulled into one of the many gas stations we would need to suck dry to complete our journey.

"Thank god for that said Watton, we're out of Lemons and Limes"

He went in to pay and get us some kind of food, when I say "some kind of food" thats exactly what I mean, food in America can in no way be confused with food everywhere else, it seemed to be made of either

1) Sugar to send you in to some kind of diabetic coma, where you become lazy and delireous as you try to keep your eyes open.

2) Caffine to send me straight to the moon and Back, I would begin to shake and then go off on super fast conversation with mostly myself, whilst driving fast and recklessly enough to watch Wattons fingers turn White as he gripped the dash.

3) Mystery Meat, I don't know what it is, the packaging doesnt know what it is, it sort of smells like meatish but tastes uncomfortably like a toasted slipper, and it has a sell by date 25 years from now.

4) Cardboard, no taste, no texture, no real colour, this will be the healthy option.

5) Man made brightly coloured e numbers, with things like Grape drink (contains no Grapes!) Space waffles (e221 e224 e443 e544 etc!) Aspestos puffs (I honestly dont know what they were made of) these were so disgusting even the Grape drink couldn't wash them down. Ok I lied about the name but that's what we called them!

I was filling up the car with go juice. I was startled when the first flake of snow dropped onto my nose, oh oh! I thought franticly scanning the sky, we are in a rear wheel drive auto v8, with summer tyres and it looks like snow, this is in no way good.

We both jumped back in the car, I looked at Watton now in the drivers seat and said.

"I don't want to worry you, but its starting to snow, we dont really have any warm clothes, we are in a car blatently not designed for any wintery occurence, apart from the fact its Red and they will be able to find it easily to recover our bodies when the snow melts in Spring"

"If you think thats bad" said Watton punching the Accelerator and fishtailing us out of the Gas station

"They didn't even have any fucking Lemons either"

post-18249-0-27801900-1429010977_thumb.jpg

(A grim and Lemonless Watton floors it to out run the aproaching storm!)

• Like 7