rotor_dude - Mazda - FC - Series 4 - 13BT

me RX7 - FC - Series 4 - 13BT

well this was the newest car id bought/owned, when i was 23 paid 8k for it back in 98/99 :shock:

it was my work hack :) yeah seriously,

it was a stocker, but had an LSD and a 13BT, my first turbo RX, uh huh lost it a few times being young and silly lol

so the modifying bug hit, and more power, even though couldnt control what i had lol, big step from a 12A carb

friend blew his engine in his series 4 turbo, had a re amemiya exhaust, 3"

so bought that :D, put that on, had to weld a few patches on her as few rust holes

but sounded good and went even better, then 17" momo/motoform ? circs ? i liked them, had to hide them from the olds for a bit lol young and all

had some serious craic in that thing, rear tyres every weekend, man i couldnt stop doing donuts with the LSD and 3 point turns was made very easy lol wish i had an LSD alot earlier on when i got my first car

standard clutch didnt last too long, so in went the 4 puk clutch, man that was nice, popeye left leg

had it recod a few times lol, but it sure did its job

then after awhile got the death rattle, off the clock down motorway, all the dash lights just came on, no power

had to get towed home, as just flat lined when cranked over,

no compression front or rear rotors, ooops

so engine repair required, so a mate, matt built me an engine, new parts all round and a stage II whilst at it

so put that in, as original engine, think i only got the stat gears outta it, twas that bad, but had to be at the revs and speed it went pop

then, upgraded the fuel system, bosch pump and bosch race regulator, then x4 extra series 4 injectors with a link extra injector controller, extra fuel line, external wastegate, man did i love that, got addicted after nyle had one on his series 1 13BT

nyle helped me out heeps and done the wastegate mod to the exhaust manifold and recod my turbo with a to4 inlet wheel

(good spud nyle, had a few rotors himself, white series 1 13BT and the purple rx2 coupe, man they smoked the tyres :D)

i was external happy after that lol, scared a few people as was very loud, as open to atomsphere

cant remember what else i done to the thing, but after this, man it went really really well, had some good races

went through even more tyres lol had to upgrade the front brakes, as didnt stop as well as it went

then got addicted to slapping 2nd, well went through a few gearboxes as 2nd gear sorta went, didnt find out the cause :badgrin:

took it for a few drag races at mere mere, got the drag racing addiction too lol

i'll dig out a few pictures of her, was a very good car, FC's seem to get underestimated for some reason, but great craic

discussion thread - //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/44328-rotor-dude-mazda-cars-discussion/

• Like 1