rotor_dude - Mazda - RX7 - FB - Series 3

well a thread about my FB RX7's and my UK experience

i have a few lol

Series 2 - LHD - i'll start another thread for that

this thread will only be about my Series 3 RX7's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my first RX7 in the uk - Northern Ireland - a series 3

wasnt too many to choose from in ireland, well none, all rotten pos

wasnt many about uk either at the time, 2003ish, that i could find

no network for mazda's here lol

RX7 - FB - Series 3 - blue

got the usual, its mint, i asked is there any rust ? got no, well got the car transported from england to n.ireland to my work

looked good outside except for a bit of rust size of tennis ball on left rear quarter behind door

put in on the 2 post lift, put arms under, started lift in up position,

heard a lot of noise and russling, car still on ground but lift going up, thought better stop and see whats up

looked underneath, my welcome to the UK

lads in work called it the tetley tea bag among other things

i'll try and dig out my pics of it,

so £1000.00 down the drain, absolutely pos, owner wouldnt be nice and give my money back, start of my uk lessons about old cars and uk

so got it home, didnt know what to do to be honest, then heard about diffing, yes diffing,

so thought well why not, its all its good for now,

man uk rust sux shitte, every nut and bolt i tired to undo, snapped clean off, man love uk shitte cars, NOT lol

so i removed carb, modified to mechanical secondaries, put ngk race plugs in her, removed diff, took to work, welded her up, started fire, work college told boss, no more working on your own stuff at work, i set boss aside and said thats wrong and only i should be the one to not be able to work etc but didnt listen, told the nark a few things and boss lol, surprised i didnt get fired

so anyways, put welded diff in, cut off rear brakes and removed the calipers and pads etc, blocked pipes, for burnouts,

as shitte rusty shitte and didnt work, also crap copper brake lines if you could call them that, so sorted front brakes to work well,

had a pee shooter UK spec exhaust on, but bit better than factory

work had a recall on volvo fan units, controller crapping out, so scored about 10 of them, got told off again for taking them outta the bin lol told to hand back, yeah right lol

cut up the fan unit to bolt to the rx7 radiator, wired up to switch, fan was amazing, kept the thing at good temps after mega thrashing

so done a few wee other things, tested it out on lane next to house, went around ok,

next of to a diff,

wow is all i can say lol

they have big farmer tractor with mahoosive tank filled with water, covered diff pad for the cars, i had to ask for them to let it dry out, they didnt understand and werent to keen lol

i said want a dry track to burn rubber, got the funny look lol

so took her out, 1st and 2nd, done real well for the little carb fed 12A, have a few vids to throw up, make you laugh

so i used it for a few years thrashing it big time, having good craic as they say and opening a few eyes here lol

started working on rotors again, one customer had a series 5 rx7 13BT, engine blown, so stripped engine and quoted repair, never got job too much for him lol, but he had another series 4 rx7 for spares with a 13B, i was like cool, drove the back end of nowhere, dang country out in the wop wops lol, turned up had a look, it had an rx4 13B in her, i was like mega excited, put my game face on lol, bought it, mission to get home with my vauxhall astra mk3 1.4L big block and 4 wheel car transporter, but got home, removed engine, stripped car for parts and sent to scrappers

so removed the mount conversion, crazy

sorted gaskets etc, fitted 12A carb to 13B inlet manifold, modified headers for 13B, fitted into series 3

now the fun began, 2nd and 3rd gears, man it went around and created some smoke, got kicked out/banned from a few places as was a bit to loose for them lol

done this for a few years, then body became way to structurally unsafe, so parked her up out back of me house, removed 13B engine for another car/project

you still awake lol

RX7 - FB - Series 3 - Green - 12A

so bought another series 3 from england, should have learnt first time, rusty pos lol

patched her up wee bit, done some work on her, water seals went after few months, so the old magical start fluid :) every time to get her going lol

drove about for 6 months as mot ran out, then parked her up for a drag car,

then bought a LHD series 2,

was ok condition, had been badly patch welded under rear seats, sill be done but good,

refer this thread - (will be up soon)

then bought another series 3,

RX7 - FB - Series 3 - Green

i like series 3 everything is better, ventilated discs front and rear, bigger axle diameter and splines, etc

so got this from england again, was told very good, which it was for a uk car, but i got spoiled in nz and not upto my taste

but it only needs major repairs to underseat area and sills, its worth doing properly though

so fitted an LSD, upgrade the front brakes to FC hub and discs and calipers and PCD 5x114.3 PCD

redrilled rear axles to 5x114.3 PCD also

had big plans for this, i deloomed engine bay, fitted an RX8 13B 6-port engine and 6 speed gearbox, IDA carb setup for now, go injection later, RX8 front seats, RX8 wheels, flared arches too, bit of an RX8 meets Series 3 RX7 project lol

but turned into a project and havent worked on it in awhile

well thats me waffling for now, fingers sore, i'll dig out pictures and videos, as easier to read them lol

discussion thread - //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/44328-rotor-dude-mazda-cars-discussion/

RX7 - FB - Series 3 - Blue - Pictures and Videos

this is with the little 12A heart in her

she got a little bit hot lol

the "diffing" crazy as man, you only allowed certain time, then they chase you out with a tractor or fork lift,

note they not shy, they will plough your car out of the way, not cared at all about damaging your car like, twas crazy crazy

near all were softies, always out and wanted a wet track, i asked why, they said didnt want to damage the tyres

im like seriously lol soft cough cough

rx7diffa.jpg

rx7diff.jpg

RX7 - FB - Series 3 - Green - pictures and videos

i bought this as a rolling shell,

this is what is was like before i bought it

hr3.jpg

hr10.jpg

hr18.jpg

hr21.jpg

last owner had a wee accident lol

then this is how it looks now and what ive done to it

these pics are the RX8 13B 6-port and RX7 series 3 gearbox, which i changed to an RX8 6 speed gearbox

DSC00089.jpg

DSC00090.jpg

• Like 1

RX7 - FB - Series 3 - Green - Pictures and Videos

after mot(wof) expired, turned it into a drag car project

RX7 FD series 6 13BTT

RX7 FC Series 5 turbo gearbox

FD front hubs,discs, calipers

FD 17" space saver wheels, lol

have a mahoosive holset turbo for it

front mount intercooler

just standard diff to get it out and have a wee bit of fun, but then will run a hilux or mazda b series or a bt50

fuel cell

bosch 040 pumps

turbosmart fpr1200

4x extra injectors

ecu - going with apexi power fc

spent some time and craic removing the sound deadening, but came off ok,

rx7s3.jpg

S3drag1.jpg

S3drag2a.jpg

S3drag3a.jpg

RX7S3dragcar2.jpg

RX7S3dragcar.jpg