Miniman76s 4AGE mini race car

so been mucking round with 6 pot calipers and have come up with the soloution to get this baby stoped haha 

Dynapro_Six_Lug_Mount-lg.jpg

so by my caculations these shall fit with the 265mm size rotor we would just need to make a hat and a adapter plate for the caliper. exuse my bad solid works drawing just a beginer learning 

rim_zpsxebccsty.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So after all the hard work getting the car ready for an invitational meeting to test we lasted five laps till our engine expired with the exhaust cam gear disidergrating and then yer putting everything out of time then of course every thing saying hello broken cam shafts etc all bent valves and some marks in the pistons YAY........ 

imagejpeg_2_zpsx8vcrrpg.jpg

so as you may see its broken all the caps that hold the cams in 

20150502_160254_zps6whqr4zj.jpg

and now heres the cams the inlet cam gear is also cracked on close inspection but now have a few cams.

20150502_160248_zpsts2nabmn.jpg

and more 

20150502_160245_zpsfycsabcq.jpg

so now this means an engine rebuild as well as upgrades........

• 3 months later...

Lack of updates i know busy in the shed and about to go on holiday great timming before race season.

tbh im usless at updating 

but so far from where ive left off we have made new calipers and hubs using a wilwood 6pot caliper and ap racing f5000 front rotors with endless pads which should stop the car 

post-17978-0-75535600-1440315694_thumb.jpeg

post-17978-0-02269100-1440315727_thumb.jpegpost-17978-0-37737200-1440315728_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

now for the more interesting bits some of you may know we no longer have a gear stick in the car. its now going to be all air shifted via paddles on the wheel . yes it is still a h pattern gearbox with an air assisted clucth just to try something new that a good friend has being playing with. more pictures of the rear of the car to come aswell with the whole boot being cut out for undertray and air tank / compressor setup 

received_10153124493072620_zpso1b8idey.j

as you can see i have installed a new dash and moved all the switches down to where the gear stick used to be to try to make it easier for me and remove clutter of the columb

20150823_173342_zps4sgafxri.jpg

new exhaust is made to suit the new tray at the rear in the pic you can see the new compressor and air tank that has been mounted for the air shift 

20150823_173350_zpsc99trhbz.jpg

a bit of a blur but the new 4age engine has been built new cp pistons  4agze rods 7 rib block etc  and piper cams have set the timing and basically started straight away after waikatio engine re conditioners have done all the testing and machining on the block with a home ported head from dad.

20150816_172538_zpsu7cj0lai.jpg

finally ran the car at work today to see if the gear box will shift and the clutch etc does its job all seems to just needs to be speed up but thats just in the software almost ready for gtrnz this year .......

• Like 9

while i was playing around programming the dash i took a quick video of the paddle shifters we are at the point it needs to be tested in fury at the track aiming for the 30 September at taupo once i get back from holiday in Europe. traveling around via nurberg etc. but for now heres a quick vid

https://youtu.be/t87fT9m0Ubo