Jorden's 1967 Ford Anglia 105E

Jorden

Here is my Anglia, brought it off trade me in July 2013, and picked it up in July from Oamaru. 
It was missing a few things, including a driveshaft, a gearbox crossmember and a clutch slave cylinder. We have them all except for the slave cylinder.
It said in the auction "minor panel beating required", that turned out to be false  :(

Discuss: //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/42276-jordens-1967-ford-anglia-105e/

On the truck ready to head back to CHCH
vsbl3fmc.mwl.jpg

How the car looked when we got it
2ofgapmn.m5b.jpg
iex44fb4.geo.jpg
2kas4sj5.pzx.jpg
spipt5qn.0ac.jpg

Got onto painting the engine bay and boot a nice black with intentions to paint the rest of the car red
rozxlowr.bvb.jpg
rihq213k.eid.jpg

Decided to paint the inside
idrcnsyl.jtr.jpg

Brought these mags but the offset was wrong, so sold them onto a guy doing up a mk3 cortina
rxtdwmyw.r5f.jpg

New ones? ;)
yw4acawu.p3r.jpg

Brought this crossflow cheap believeing it was a 1600, turns out it's a 1300. It's a 711m block, so it's the good one, but we arent going to use it as i want a 1600.
tbswhkc3.4lg.jpg

Very recently got given this 1300 out of a running car (head to come) so might just chuck it in till we can find a 1600..
um4knwhz.1mk.jpg
kmrstrcn.aa0.jpg

Put the 997cc engine together and fired the beast up, still going strong. After preparing to put it in the car, i found out that we didnt have any engine mounts..... had to wait a month for some new ones from the UK to arrive. The engine is now in.
4guzukg5.vii.jpg

Got the important bits though :)
bnkqekk2.ybx.jpg
vs1xvzox.fsh.jpg
sb4zutvy.0ee.jpg
4folmsyx.fo5.jpg
ylpz5cjs.hju.jpg

Welded the side holes up for the chrome trim, and put a smear of body filler over each to get it straight.
vijvrt3r.xv4.jpg

Custom fabricated boot mat, made professionally by myself...
kurfh11d.u2e.jpg
sfespjje.hkl.jpg
l3g5hluc.xs0.jpg

Brought a donar car (light blue one, ft my dad and younger brother) which is where the back seat came from, it has a 2L pinto mocked up in it. The other anglia is the guys we brought it off, i've always liked the look of the rostyles.
t1lcsdyj.qxm.jpg
kyky2qat.klf.jpg
xmv3mpwz.0qm.jpg
dqvi4gra.eyi.jpg

As of recently i have been doing alot of panel/body work. Took this door back to metal, only to find out you could poke holes in it with your finger ._. i was gutted.
homjrkno.jqz.jpg
4lult1i4.c4j.jpg

Both front guards had some serious issues. Passenger side wasnt too hard to beat out and fix, the drivers side on the other hand? a whole different story. The amount of bog i removed from it should earn the previous owner a lifetime ban from trying to repair cars, or atleast a restraining order from all containers of bog.
kwjua414.jsn.jpg
y1h0snda.wgg.jpg

The car now sits covered in primer, the only thing not primered is the front drivers side guard as it requires ALOT of work to get straight.
i0w2utra.5ha.jpg
dd2njuwh.pol.jpg
qtvzgmnz.mrs.jpg

Brought a few parts, including 4 shiny hubcaps (also the 4 with circles i dont require, anyone want to buy them?) and mk2 capri front struts. The steering wheel came off the donor car, which is better than the original one that looks like it should be for a bus haha. And, the last picture is my current feelings towards sandpaper!!!!
3ssvarxt.mci.jpg
atc52h5e.fe5.jpg
hyuolmxb.qwz.jpg
]ey52yda4.to2.jpg

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

We recently brought a front right guard off trademe as the current one is just too hard to reshape. Got it for $40 an its getting here next weekend from Blehneim. 
Other than that the only thing thats really been done is acquire a gearstick boot from a mk5 Cortina.
z1uw5cqt.hht.jpg
Pretty fancy i know  :-D

• 3 weeks later...

New guard an slave cylinder arrived a week or so ago. Guard needs some work where the patch has been welded in due to heat distortion, still way easier to fix than the current guard on the car! Dad has taken the slave cylinder to work and given it a hone, just need him to remember to bring it home...
1vbkxqiq.rvx.jpg
fusgy0c4.lfn.jpg

4 channel amp arrived last week aswell, 2 x 60WRMS to power the front speakers and 2 x 150WRMS to power the rear 6 x 9s.
elcibe0n.bk1.jpg
Amp and speakers
qgsb2c0g.0qa.jpg

Ive sort of 80% sanded the guard back but i got lazy and stopped
btmybvlg.etb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Painted the car today. Unfortunately got some runs in it, so didn't bother to do a proper top coat. Will get rid of them and block the car with some fine wet n dry. Hopefully will give it a final coat/coats on Saturday!

I'll push it out of the garage and take some proper pictures tomorrow.

2wnuzgj.jpg

av76c.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got the last bit of my sounds yesterday, the second amp pictured.

Here are the specs of everything;

• Soundstream tarantula 6x9s - 300w max 150w rms each
  • Soundstream arachnids 6.5 Inch - 60w rms each
  • Pioneer 12" sub - 1200w max, 400w rms
  • Sony XM GTR4A 4 channel amp - 60w rms x2 and 125w rms x2
  • Pioneer gm 5400t 2 channel amp - 125rms x 2 or 380w rms x1 bridged
  • Pioneer deh x3550UI headunit - 4x50w USB, AUX, some funny DJ thingy that lights up with the music, 2x RCA outputs

These are all at 4ohms apart from the 6x9s which are 3ohms.

jdbpe1n5.btr.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did abit of polishing over the weekend! Its come up with an awesome shine/polish. Still has a few small scratches etc in it but it was never going to be perfect being painted in the garage.

ewxe54hs.k2j.jpg
Also found some old pinstripe so we put it on just to see what it would look like

sneazesp.5cp.jpg
ivnfco3j.wxp.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Mt75 rwd goodness! Brought a package off trademe with two, one for me, one for dad.
4zsiijmd.ks5.jpg

Tinted the rear window, its only 35% but looks abit darker. The rear quarters and front door windows will be the same
4nnzyu1g.dwp.jpg

Heres a couple of shots of the whole car polished, i do admit it looks abit better in photos than in person
tasyyeti.o0s.jpg
v3d1ueyz.4aw.jpg

Put the white stripe on the whole way, its not as straight as it could be so i might have to buy some more and re ut it on
g1ruutci.rll.jpg

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...