VG's 4AGTE KP86

So, I bought my old starlet back, not sure why, but hey, time to finish (bahahaha) the project I started about 9 years ago.

P1020176.jpg

^ That was the day I sold it, about 6 years ago, its pretty much exactly the same still.

Yeh so I have not purchased a car in a good 6+ months, and had the itch again, and seeing as I keep thinking about this sitting in my inlaws shed, I thought I better get it back and finish one of my many aborted projects. My FIL realised he has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many projects/shit to do, so offered it back to me. I'm quite looking forward to tinkering about with it in my spare time, it will be a no hurry/no pressure kinda project.

It's an 83 sprint, which I fitted a slightly tickled up red top, small port 4age (was in my 86 when I got it) + T50 + T series disc rear end to. It also has AE86 front struts and brakes, and T3 camber plates. At the moment it has 20mm spacers up front to match the track of the T series diff, with 15x7 rims, which are +40 offset. So with RWD rims on it, it would have quite a wide track.

I plan to use it as a track/club car, so will likely cage it. Will prolly use my old link or a mega squirt (my bro in law has a few) to run it. It wont be flash, but it should be fun!

Smut talk: //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/41896-vgs-kp86/

Regards, VG.

• Like 8

Silly question time. I've been wanting to build a mild 4agte for a while, and thought this might be the car to put it in, seeing as the engine in it would be a good candidate for such treatment (I believe its an early small port, so should have those huge con rods in it) but the problem is the rest of the running gear. Would a T50 and T series diff handle having, say 250hp going through them? The box prolly wouldn't, but would the diff? Just trying to work out what direction to take this build in, and would be fun to have something with a bit more poke than the 86.

Changing to a W series box wouldn't be that hard, but changing the diff would be.

Forts? //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/41896-vgs-kp86/

Now, ima need some advice, because I dont know piss all bout anything, least of all turboing stuff. I want to know what sort of shit I should keep an eye out for, so I can start collecting parts. First few things i'll are a turbo, and injectors, i'll do a bit of research, but whats a good turbo to run on a 4age? Hoping to get around 250/270hp, and i've noticed a lot of people use TD04 / T3 / T25 / T28 turbos, so assume one of them would be the ticket? As for injectors, im guessing 7MGTE ones would be the go? Are they the same size/shape as 4age ones?

Any help/info would be great.

• Like 1

Have found the ECU i'm gonna use: http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/microsquirt-engine-management-system-30-wiring-harness-p-131.html

Has everything you need to run a simple ol 4agte, and if you get it without the loom it comes in under $400 NZD, so no duty. Then you just buy the plugs and what not from the likes of RS components, and you're away.

I have also got my hands on an early hilux diff, so things are starting to come together.

Now I just need to do a bit of drain laying, a lot of concreting, and the starlets new home will be ready for it to move in, nawwwww.

• Like 2

Hi there! So even tho I dont even have the car yet (its house is still under construction) this didnt stop me buying parts for it (I fucking love buying parts) so I now have a J160 from a 3S powered altezza,

2014-02-01_10-39-57_539_zps0c9ae23c.jpg

Big thanks to Markku for picking it up for me.

I have also got my mits on a set of 540cc 3sgte injectors,

299824431.jpg

AND I purchased a TD05H 16G from Joker. I think it may need a rebuild, but thats no biggie, but what is odd, is that it seems to be a bastard. I think the compressor housing is suby spec, and the exhaust housing is mitsy spec? As you know, I dont know shit about turbos, so i'm unsure why someone would build this mix? Big thanks to Phil for helping me out with turbo bizznazz.

2014-02-01_10-40-42_903_zpsd2e4aa23.jpg

2014-02-01_10-40-53_372_zps237986d9.jpg

If anyone has any info on this turbo mix, that would be super handy.

Also, bit drainage and concrete work going on in the starlet shed,

2014-01-27_17-56-20_850_zpsf879db43.jpg

2014-01-27_17-56-37_877_zpsfca8692c.jpg

You can never have to much shed/flat concrete!

Regards, VG.