Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

6 months on and has gone through another WOF, didn’t really get out as much as I thought over summer but did a little bit.

Has had a couple of teething issues, front brakes squeal when there are hot, tried copper paste and some squeal stop stuff but it eventually comes back. Bigger issue was that the clutch had started to slip when the car was warm, no issues when it was cold. Tried bleeding the clutch but no difference. The clutch is only “rated” to 180bhp and I’m right on that but haven’t driven it particularly hard.

So decided to pull the gearbox this week, note to future self the trans tunnel is not big enough to pull the gearbox- much easier to pull engine and gearbox or potentially drop the front subframe.

After much wrestling the gear box was out along with some paint and the clutch looks… fine. No signs of excess material and flywheel doesn’t look like it has been hot so I’m a bit confused really.

I think I’ll still grab a higher rated one just in case and get the flywheel skimmed and through it back together, one bright side is I’ve found the source of a really high pitched vibration/rattle- the dusty shield was loose inside the adaptor

Tell me I’m missing something here 

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...