Joe's 84 Honda City Churbo

avjoe

welcoming package at the door made a average day awesome!

9451802072_22fc45b12f.jpg

9449022199_d3c52bc526.jpg

origional packaging and in absolutly flawless condition.

momo leather steering wheel with red stitch and a boss kit.

thanks to forum member 4age. biggest gc out.

its all installed but the crap photos i got were crap so ill chuck one up tomorrow. goes with the black interior soo nice

next up is some speakers and a headunit.

some of you may have seen my thread looking for some recaro fishnets aswell. looking for some mint as ones for this ol' girl.

prefurably black. just to keep with the boxy shapen and retro feel to the car. not a biggy so can wait for the perfect set to pop up :)

really wanted to get into the PB drag club day on this saturday but have rugby so will pass it up.

NZHondas is holding a dyno day on the 31st hopefully so will see a before figure then slap a HKS EVC in and crank the boost to 15psi with a fuel cut defender to hold back the factory fuel cut to 20psi, chuck in an O2 sensor and gauge, then put a progrsssing fuel reg in, something like a 3:1 should do and bleed it off till im happy :) i've been advised around 11.8:1 is a good sweet spot for 13 psi so will dable around there.

thanks for reading again guys. much apprichiated. if theres anything you would like to know, or help me out with im open to all. just post up in my questions thread :)

• Like 2

heres a photo of the steering wheel in. and the general interior as it stands. as you can see it needs a head unit, and the seats are shanked. which ill get to in a sec.

9464053916_141e2cd574.jpg

-has a hks boost gauge that fits in so well with the interior, 80's style.

8484228873_97eb93affd.jpg

really want some nice black mats. if anyone can recomend any, for good plice.

you cant see it in the pics really but the head liner is fuuuucked. ripped up from when the previous owner tried to ram a scooter in there. looking at getting it re wrapped in a black suede or what ever, not really phased on material lol. but suede is nice. and ill get the door cards done at the same time.

if anyone can spot what looks to be a spot on the dash where a lid pops up. (passangers side) guess what it is?...... yeah thats right a FTW fridge!!.................. but it doesnt work lol.. because the ac is fucked.

so thanks to forum member 'Mattt' i found a mint set of Fishnet recaros, from toyota commercial wreckers.

9461275471_afb482a6bf.jpg

will get a mate to pick them up and hold and when i do my roady to welly ill grab them then :D

much better then the ones in there. and hopefully i can get them to sit nice and low.

thanks for reading. i hope i can bring you more updates soon :)

Joe

my spacers arrived today.

stoked with the quality of the product.

thanks to moonlight racing for getting these to me for a bang on price.

4x100 15mm. only wanted enough so my ssr's cleared the calipers.

but i actually really like the look. so i might look into getting some for the rear.

ill get these certed when i go for my next wof.

9519670841_18919d17a3.jpg

before 

9519666887_32fa22d449.jpg

after

9522454478_c16680c8ae.jpg

my new interior mats are on their way thanks to forum member HighLUX which i think will really tidy up the interior.

and i need to get some 'plasti dip' to do the fog light surrounds and grille which i think will really enhance the front end. 

id love to get some more low into the front and back.

but its pretty much impossible without a sheet load of chopping. which ill do eventually haha

thanks for reading. hope to get some more up soon. 

Joe

• Like 1

My mats turned up today cheers to 'HighLux'

really really stoaked with them.

tie into the interior so well. and its really motivated me to get onto the fishnets.

before

9526182295_955c781b53.jpg

after.

9528791160_1cc706705e.jpg

carpet is a mess ive had a mate spill red powerade on it, and just general wear. so hopefully i can get my a into g when my daily is running again, and strip out the interior and water blast the carpet and get some sound dept in there.

just trying to focus on the little things at the moment

cheers for reading.

Joe

• Like 1

so ive spent my day doing some resurch on some turbo options and narrowed it down to this GTX2860R

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Garrett-GTX2860R-Dual-Ball-Bearing-Turbo-/161083884511?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25815903df&vxp=mtr

it would be great to hear from a few of you with some knowlage on turbos.

cheers.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

1kw less then I would have liked. Boost is leaking somewhere according to jon at spec performance. He said he was expecting more like 90kw o.O .......

Ill be making that power 4 fold next time that dyno see the city.

Also

1167462_655197637823714_1984381627_o.jpg

new project.

Skidz will be ripped.

In short its a bike from czechoslovakia.tiny!

And a 50cc motor which I got a bigger cylinder block, piston, crank and carb. Equaling around 88cc :)

Will take front sprocket off and replace pedals with pegs. Then flip the rear wheel so the sprockets are on the same side

So I had a look at the piping today, and the factory rubber piping from the inter cooler outlet to the T/B is very perished so I raniged it up by putting some sealer in the cracks and tapping around the pipe. Looks like shit and wont be as effective but it definitely made a difference. Although im still not seeing full boost till 4k. So my thoughts are the fucked turbo is more fucked then I initially thought. So will be replacing asap.

Also re wired my hks boost gauge so it reads 0.7 ish rather then the 1.0kg/cm2 it was before.

I bought a hks evc 5 yesterday so that should be turning up any time too.

Thanks for reading. Sorry no pics :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hks boost controler turns out the actuator is fucked, so the nice chap i bought it off said hed refund me, and ill just buy a evc 6 instead, really really gutted, but these things happen. im just happy the guy i bought it off is a good sort.

on the positive side, the guys at spec found the boost leak and it is now fixed. hope to get it on the dyno eventually to see how much of a difference its made, and when i get an other boost controller ill bump it upto 14 psi (fuel cut) and see how we're getting on.

thanks for reading.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

green12-zombie-hand-0409-10162228.jpg

LONG TIME NO TALK!

so its been a pretty shitty few months for the city im not going to lie ha.

but i have managed to prgress!

i have no bought this for the city

12201699294_9765b0c396.jpg

12201893216_72257798c6.jpg

can anyone help me out with how to find out its exact model so i can look into rebuild kits?

it say A/R .48 on the compressor housing and was sold to me as a T22. if its a dud im not worried i got it for litterally nothing haha.

now a mate has offered to do a full stainless exhaust for the city and things are about to get exciting!

plan is to get him to fill weld the exhaust housing, then mill it flat, and using a custom gasket separate the exhaust housing and the waste gate housing!

ill run a 1" pipe straight off the wastegate all the way to the back and a 2.5" straight off the exhaust outlet all the way to the back. it may, or may not work but hey im getting this all done pretty cheap and its something ive wanted to do from the start so im very excited!

at the same time ill bore out and polish the waste gate outlet to get the best flow i can :)

i was told the top rubber intercooler (or interwarmer lol) pipe was leaking all my boooostz! so im taking the intercooler out all to gather for the mean while, ive just bought 2 90 degree silicon joiners and ill get some s/s pipe to go straight off the back of the turbo to the throttle body. and then redo the boost leak test and go from there.

sadly as you all would have read eariler the boost controller was a dud which im gutted about, but on wards and up wards!

a new boost controller is on the cards but not till after the exhaust and turbo is sorted out :)

thanks heaps for reading everyone! i promise ill try get more updates in now and i really want to get back out to the local oldschool meets :D

Joe

• Like 1