Early 70s galant colt seatbelts....

MitchP

gidday there fellows...

getting near the last steps of putting together a 72 galant colt coupe.

come across the fact i need to buy some seatbelts for the old girl, makes sense.

the thing i cant see, and dont know, is, apart from the roof mount for the top of the belt (or one of those seatbelt dropper things)

where/how do i mount the bottom of the belt (which i believe are retractable factory, i may be wrong)

i am going to order new belts, which means i believe i have to get retractables anyways.

main point of thread, does anyone know where/how to mount fron belts in the car or even have pictures of existing ones so i can figure this one out?

cheers ppls

The originals will be the standard fixed (non-retracting) 3 point type. There should be a mount point near the floor directly under the roof mount and the other mount will be on the tunnel about a foot behind the hand brake lever. 

found the belt mounts.

previous owner had glued some cheap carpet over the holes without cutting them out.

no luck with holes for the stalk side in the tunnel.

surely that stalk/ fabric isn't attached to that wee nut on the seat itself, opposite side to the recliner lever?