Thminiman's Daily Schwinning

thminiman

I has a new bike because it was too cheap to pass up. I also can't really ride fixed gear any moar so I wanted something sweet with gears.

hmw7.jpg

Schwinn coffee 2. Came with Big looping different bars but I did not agree and swapped them out. Also put some Metal flat pedals on so they don't break off with all the powers

Shit componentry all round.

Shimano nexus 3 speed internal hub with grip shift.

Plan to add a rear basket:

crate.jpg

Then Ride until I break something, upgrade it. rinse and repeat.

Better living everybody

mean. schwinn is a cool word. i have old schwinn wheels and hubs on my raliegh

i've been looking at new bikes lately cos bike barn has a 50% off sale. i've also noticed that a lot of new bikes have rubish chinese components even when they're quite expensive. I've been looking at 24 inch bmx bikes and they all have shitty hubs and brakes and rims. I don't get it. My 70' and 80's bikes have cooler parts

Yea Bike barn's stuff is pretty limited. Though Tbh sometimes their value for money is pretty good, I've noticed especially of you know what you're looking at you can find a good deal.

As for componentry etc. I think part of it is inflation and that. Part of it is just greed. But the biggest part is Bikes and parts go through a lot of hands between the manufacturer and the customer. Little old NZ and it's wholesalers get pretty shit deals thanks to economies of scale which means sometimes we just pay more than everyone else. Good components are still made but they're expensive because so many people are getting their cut.