wez's daily 79 ke55 se (aus)

1vaknd

• 1 month later...

so i have continued along the nana spec theme 

I'm now supporting a sunvisor and a roof rack which i made (and because i hate buying shit)

the roof rack isn't something that enhances the look of it but it also carries my mountain bike and fixie for those occasions that i go away for a ride.

maintenance wise has been a bit of work. most things are rather worn and due for repair. the hole exhaust system has been replaced with an oem ke30 setup except exhaust manifold (which now has cracked and leaks like fuck!) 

C51EF06B-C728-4C77-BA25-7B4DD05B41A5-300

full brake overhaul up front. shocks are gone all round so yeah (i will sort it) most steering components are gone also so i think it may get some wezgineering treatment to eliminate the steering box.

still cant get my head around how much the aussies changed when they built the darn things. box and diff are borg warner. the brake calipers are girlock. there is darn 13 and 15mm nuts and bolts alongside 12 and 14mm, it drives me crazy. even more spanners to lose while trying to work.

also test fitted a few wheels over the past few weeks

first are frowned upon but was totally amazed at how well they fitted the rear

rota grid 15x9 0

5D952EB7-0F7E-4D34-B04E-AA3712E3ED2D-300

B59C5D1F-C83C-4AE4-AC82-B4D4CF2CAB61-300

also bilbo's 14x6.5 and 14x 7.5

A16B1064-4C2A-4E12-9DD3-63AA529C8E92-300

C815926A-9715-4BC0-9AE5-DC2FF436487D-300

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

no pics to show but i have now completed the manual conversion and much to my liking it is at least 30% more efficient at burning petroleum.

in doing the swap i decided to tidy up the engine bay. removed all waste. put the battery in the boot and gave it a spray. all looks alot better. needs a few things resprayed and cleaned thoroughly like the master. pulled the steering box out and threw it as far as i could. now has a ke70 steering rack in it thanks to a donor ke70 cross member. and have also done the basic sleve kit coilovers to do the job. last thing to do is fit the 4 link rear end but i may leave that for the mean time.sitting on standard ae70 alloys till i finish my master(actually average) plan. 

pics to come when i get around to up loading them!

• Like 2