Fourfingapete's 1963 PB Vauxhall

The History of My PB

07/11/1963 - 1st registered to Wanganui Rangitiki Electric Power Board 129 miles on Speedo.

04/03/1965 - Sold to Western Motors 24297 miles on Speedo

28/04/1965 - Sold to a Private Buyer  25700 miles

18/03/1975 -Transferred to a private buyer (Same surname and address as previous) 73,682 miles

30/03/1994 - Sold to Private buyer in New Plymouth . No mileage recorded but the next WOF in 1995 shows 92,652 (to my knowledge this is the owner that recond the engine and did all the resto.)

05/06/2007 - Sold to Private buyer 1526 miles

now it gets a bit murky..(until I get my ownership papers) This buyer sold it to an elderly Levin gentleman who used it until he passed on where it got stored in a shed for his Granddaughter. The custodians never updated the rego so it lapsed in 06/2011. Given that the last WOF was March 2009 I'd guess that was when ownership was changed. The family decided to sell back to previous owner and he, after looking at all his other projects, decided to sell. So the car was put on Trademe, and this is where I came in, saw the car...Loved it, and hit BUY NOW there and then. The owner then got it Re-Vinned (WITH THE OLD PLATES) reg'd and WOF'd And ...

23/05/2013 - Sold to Fourfingapete 5096 miles

1963 PB Vauxhall Velox

2651cc  Engine recon at a guess 15.000 miles ago. Engine number changed at this time.

3 Speed Manual Column Change

Full respray in 1995 (including rust treatment)

Color: British Racing Green - not sure if it was the original color but the ownership papers do say the car is green.

Mods that I know of

Freeflow exhaust into twin pipes

Heavy duty rear springs with 50mm lowering blocks and Munroe Gas Shocks

These Photos are from the previous owner so are a bit dated so the car isn't as tidy as this now but not too far off

PB_zps52da387a.jpg

PBside_zps0766ed1b.jpg

pbdash_zps7e1b3896.jpg

pbbackseat_zpsa5234c41.jpg

PBengine_zps9f81fc2e.jpg

pbback_zpsf6dc5792.jpg

My Baby home in its new garage.......

IMG_20130527_111549_zps107ce75e.jpg

Now I have generally been a Holden fan thru my life, I have owned a 71 LJ Torana, 73 HQ 308, HZ, VK and VB commodores along with a Mk3 Cortina, Mk1 Capri, XT and XA Falcon, 52 Morry, as well as the family cars, Datsun 180b and 200b and have been stuck with a 1997 Mitsi Carisma (poor mans lancer) for the last 5 years as all my dream cars are way outta reach on my budget (which is pretty much close to non-exsistant). You could say that the PB is a poor mans Holden...well it's not

Its a poor mans Vauxhall!

I don't intend to do too much to this classic. But things I hope to achieve this year......

Build a Stereo console for the gearbox tunnel so I don't ruin the classic Dash

Convert it to a NEGATIVE EARTH (so I don't burn it to the ground when I forget it's a + earth)

Get the Front Bench seat upholstery fixed (large rip in drivers position)

Get some nice Chrome spotlights and Headlight peaks

Find a MESH VISOR (any help appreciated)

fit an Alarm (and maybe central locking)

Lower the front by an inch

Slowly work my way thru the panels and repair the few bubbles, dents and scratches in the paint job 

Long Term....

Nice mags or widened rims (crager smoothies would look good) with whitewall tyres

New moulded Carpet (Has home job in it atm)

New Paint (with maybe a white roof or subtle pinstriping to break the one color thing)

re-chrome all door handles light surrounds etc..

and FIND a COMPATIBLE power steering unit lol......Forgot how hard it wasto actually DRIVE a car.

But I love it.

I will get some new photos up as soon as I can.

Discussion: //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/38514-fourfingapetes-1963-pb-vauxhall-discussion/

• Like 7

• 7 years later...

I was just looking for some info on my Velox and found this post was my actual car! Same number plate and everything. If you are still out there, I'd love to hear from you. Just been getting a little rust cut out, but still it pretty good nic. I need to find 2 steering ball joints and then she'll have her warrant.

Ok, all the best,

Andrew.