modern alternator into ms65 crown

Mattt

Can anyone tell me if the alternator requires a charge warning lamp?

If so does anyone know which wire is the charge lamp signal for the old crowns. Mine hasnt run since ive owned it. Its got a holdrn 186 and ive just fitted a vn 85 amp Bosch alternator.

Basically yeah. Just change pully over and rotate housing 90deg.The old alternator literally had the main power wire and then 2 wires which ran to a regulator. But the factory ammeter worked so I dont know how theyve run it. Im sure there must be a factory alternator light on the dash I just have to do some wire Tracing I guess.

If you want me to pm you exact details I can. But im sure you can figure it out. Just a couple of notes though. The vn alternator uses a standard Bosch injector plug. I took mine from a commy at pick a part. Also when hooking up a dash light use no more than a 2 watt bulb. And my ammeter doesnt work as it turns out so I will be trying to figure that out in the future. You must hook up a dash light. No light no charge.