Taistorms 85 Soarer of Straya

Guest Taistorm

Guest Taistorm

Hey people,

Made it over aus sweet and have just picked up a pretty primo z10 Toyota Soarer. Has only done 116000kms and was from a deceased estate. Body is in near mint condition with a small scuff on the right corner of the rear bumper and theres a small amount of rust on the rear valance.

Brakes need doing as there is pretty bad shuddering and pretty sure the uv needs doing as there is a small amount of shudder at take off. Air con doesnt work so thats a let down but luckily its not very hot right now in Perth.

Engine was it sounds bloody healthy and the oils pretty clean, theres no serbice history but has only had 2owners from new who have looked after it well from what I can see and have been told.

Once I get my head around regulations and what not for modifying (heard its a real pain in the proverbial over here and cops will defect you on anything and everything even if its certified) I hope to be doing a coilover suspension setup with some nice old japanese wheels to suit. Eventually will be looking into a 1ggte or ze conversion with a manual box to suit and mild shakotan styling.

Updating off my phone but once I get net I'll throw some pics up.

Peace

Tai

• 10 months later...

Long time no update...

Ok plans didn't really pan out as usually haha.

First off I got the belts and water pump etc done, also reco'ed the brake master cylinder.. Soon later we moved into the new place in June last year and spent a fuckload on kitting out the new place and what not. Cashflow hadn't been as good as I was hoping for aswell. Some fuckwit indian taxi driver drove into the rear of this and damaged the taillight, shortly after it started having charging issues so parked it up and brought the 200b, shunning the Soarer up until about 2 weeks ago after I sold the Datsun.

So I finally got off my ass and swapped over the rear taillight, fixed the charging issue (was also having idle problems which are now sorted and got the front discs skimmed as they were miles out of whack and put some decent Nendix pads in the front. This car is a righteous prick to source parts for over here (no one has any listings, neither do Toyota haha, go figure).

Yesterday I kitted this out with sounds.. Found a decent pioneer headunit + speaker combo and Fusion 4" for the front. Also picked up one of those Fusion sub/amp combos (not the basstube) as it was only $150 so couldn't pass it at that price. Fuck it's nice being able to crank some tunes.

Anyway this car is no1 priority in the carport now and i;ve been having decent yarns with this Toyota genious up in Midland and he's got me convinced to funnel money into this. Seeing as i;ve just picked up an underwriter job for one of the biggest motoring enthusiast insurance companies in Aus so will have alot more cash available for this :)

I still need to have the whole rearend plated up as the rust turned out to be alot worse than expected..sigh..

Here are the new plans...

-Get the rust done
-Either: Standard 2jz-gte or 2jz-ge VVTI with ITBs mated to a W58
-Custom build some coilovers all round and drop the poor bastard
-Hayashi Street fins (thinking 15x8 in the front and 15x9 in the rear with low/minus offset) may even go 10's but then i'll need to bolt some flares on)
-Slight duckbill chin spoiler up front
-Either a Hakosuka style spoiler on the rear or ducktail
-Contemplating the 'gilled' fenders that you see on all the sweet z10's
-Bride Low Max's 

Big plans I know but im very serious with this, it's going to be a big year for the Soarer and really want to make this happen.

Stay tuned.

Tai

• Like 1