Datto_610's C31 Laurel Pillarless Sedan

datto_610

Got new brake hose(was given the wrong one at first) fitted it up bled brakes with Karls vacuum bleeder went in for wof re-check passed! Gave the inside and out a good clean today so I'm all ready for this weekend. Can't wait to start driving this again. With the new door window seals there is no wind noise soooooo quiet! I was going to take a photo of the wof sticker but it's right under the tint band and it's super hard to see hahaha

All I need for the manual swap is spigot bush, new slave and rubber clutch hose. Will also get new tie rod ends for each side and fit powdet coated steering components. I'm going to look into getting an alloy rad as the core in mine is poked much cheaper to get an ali rad off the tard than a re-core!

20140826_104950_zpsgcyckurt.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
So been getting a few things sorted for the manwell conversion. Cleaned up the rust off my flywheel bolts and sprayed them with CRC in a snaplock bag, Bart also took my flywheel in to get machined(chur Bart!). Also on Bart's recommendations I have taken out the front and rear seals from my gearbox and the speedo drive o-ring to be replaced with new ones. Finally managed to get some 910 front springs from Skutaman to lower the front but they are a bigger diameter than the R30 springs :/ I may just cut the ones I have and reshape the end, depending on how much time and $$ I have left before the Akaroa cruise. So far I've dropped out the driveshaft and made a start on dropping the gearbox things are happening!

20140918_100806_zps73hetcqj.jpg

20140918_100748_zpsbdabarao.jpg

20140919_152926_zpstgcjsgwb.jpg

20140919_184154_zpswrbukes0.jpg

20140924_165356_zpskv0sfeys.jpg

• Like 2

Tidied up my gear stick as it looks like at some point the rod has been been bent a bit and the threaded part welded back on. Also re-chromed it because I could(although not for long)

Saw Brock this afternoon and got a new clutch slave, spigot bush and front and rear gearbox seals. Will have to got to Saeco for the speedo drive o-ring and seal.

One slight issue I've encountered though is the new slave doesn't come with a pin to engage the clutch fork, I thought that the one from the R30 I wrecked would have one but nope not even a boot so anyone got an old slave cylinder lying around I can pinch the pin off??

20140925_072807_zps9swptonr.jpg

20140925_073212_zps2i2unq8y.jpg

20140926_162903_zpsmjfrqyzj.jpg

20140926_163001_zpshhjdwjxj.jpg

• Like 1

Woohoo!! My mate John came over this afternoon/evening and gave me a hand with getting the last bellhousing bolt. After fluffing about with spanners for a while we did up a couple of the bolts up around it and put heaps of extensions together which totalled about a metre and a half long we got it first crack!! So stoked to get that bolt out, so we kept going and got the slush box out, put the manual sandwhich plate on and torqued up the flywheel   :D   :D   :D   :D   :D I left the spigot bush at home so couldn't go much further but very happy with what got done tonight. So much closer to getting the 5 speed in ready for Datsun nationals :D

20140930_195732_zpstodxqgb4.jpg

20140930_192335_zpslpxjyv7w.jpg

20140930_195748_zpsh6c8glm6.jpg

• Like 3

Ok so got stuck in again on saturday and got the clutch plate aligned and fitted, also while I had her jacked up I thought it was a good idea to commence weight reduction stage 1 haha and remove the LPG copper line that ran from the engine bay to just by the fuel tank. Maybe I can get a few bucks from it?? Fitted new seals to the front and rear of the gearbox, took a rather artistic shot of the rear seal if I don't say so myself. Also gave the box a good clean with some degreaser although it's still a little grubby but much better than it was. Picked up my brand new clutch fork boot from Scott at Nissan on friday, last one in the country stoked!!

Got a speedo drive seal from Saeco but it's only slightly too small so will take that back tomorrow. So I'm pretty much ready to put the box in but can't put oil in til I get the speedo seal sorted but so much closer! I also have my eye on a few bits which I hope to acquire with the payout from leaving chch metal finishers :D

20141004_161217_zpshxw1yyes.jpg

20141004_163012_zpsk8snwc8z.jpg

20141004_181608_zps9etomfsy.jpg

20141004_184538_zps0oqpmdjx.jpg

20141004_174413_zpscdh1gm7z.jpg

20141004_185902_zps6ne65pxm.jpg

Jesse from Saeco sorted me with the speedo drive seal thanks again man! Just need an O ring which my mate will get for me.

Who needs a press when you have an angle grinder?? Got the old release bearing off and new one installed and fitted to gearbox!

20141009_185455_zpsaeu6e32s.jpg

20141009_181035_zpsaueifybx.jpg

Started fitting the gearbox to the engine, I'm about 80% sure that the spline is located but I can't seem to get box fully fitted :/ I need longer bolts for the bellhousing too as the manual housing is thicker than the auto, will got to Blacks tomorrow and get some longer ones will they need to be high tensile??????

Shit Labour weekend is coming up fast, going to need to put in some big hours in the next few weeks! Will buy new shock inserts after work, order ali radiator and a few other things too.

Made a start on fitting the JDM seat belts tonight as well gonna be so lush!