Hampton Track Day #2 Sat 01 Dec

M_C

Very cool. I like what you guys are doing with getting the cars out for a bit of a regular run.

Gutted about the wheel. I've heard that some tracks have a bit of a habit of loosening wheel nuts. Pays to check them after a couple of shake down laps and intermittently throughout the rest of the day.

Very cool. I like what you guys are doing with getting the cars out for a bit of a regular run.

Gutted about the wheel. I've heard that some tracks have a bit of a habit of loosening wheel nuts. Pays to check them after a couple of shake down laps and intermittently throughout the rest of the day.

Cheers.

AWOL wheel was more to do with wheel nuts not properly fitting the new mags and semi slicks. Could have done with more than 6mm of engagement... Everyone was a bit paranoid after that. I checked mine twice.

Oh shit, that's pretty scary. So the thread was stripped off?

It could have happened at a worse spot though I suppose, if he has to look for a bright side to the situation. That's probably the safest area on the track. Imagine if that had of happened at full speed on turn 1 - 150+km/h and outside rear wheels gone. Probably would have rolled!

Yeah, very lucky out come if you are going to lose a wheel. The two cars behind nearly t-boned him. I got quite a surprise as saw the yellow flag after the car.

He was even out driving on the following round!

I put some more picks up on my build page and description of how I got Grounds Keeper name... (Plug plug)