Painting 2k flat black

FuzzayD

Ok so i am trying to paint my car flat black. Like a rat rod flat black. I have bough flat black paint 1:1 mix of black and a dulling agent, then i have thined it out added a little hardener and painted. The result is a lovely full gloss black. Has any one tried painting matt black 2k before? I need some help

yeah, ive done the same thing myself, followed the instructions to the letter as you have. In my experience the only way to get that 'proper' rat rod look is with 1k products. To get a better flat 2k finish use lower pressure and spray further from the job, its still not great though

Buy the flattening agent yourself and experiment, its the only way. Pretty much every paint guy will be wont put enough in as he is scared of it going chalky/shitty. You can get single stage 2k to lay flat spraying wet/medium coats like normal, you can also go base coat clear coat and flatten the clear. Play pretend chemist on some practice panels and note down ratios of flattener used for desired result