mutinys datsun personal six

mutiny

disco is here viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33938&p=849735#p849735

and so the restoration starts. picked it up tonight with the help of cul8r and his brother, much appreciated guys.

so the jist is, its a 1970 nissan personal six, de reg, been dry stored for the last 10 years, hasnt had a warrant in 17.

running a siezed l34 so will wack that out and replace it with a l24, anyone got one lying around?

will get some better photos in day light. have polished it a bit so looks alot better now

dscf5117t.jpg

dscf5126i.jpg

not really better pics but ohwell, did a wee bit on it last night, just getting ready to take motor out, might have a look at brakes tonight, are siezed big time, unboosted drums all round. should be interesting

dscf5142h.jpg

rearai.jpg

dscf5133m.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

well l23s ready to come out, and a l26 has found its way into my garage. few differences, starter motors are on different side which will easily be over come as they just attach to the sandwich plate so ill run the l23 one. water hose is on a different size so will just be a matter of running longer pipe for now.

have got the brakes un siezed, brake shoes in front seem kinda low so will be getting them re lined, rears still have quite a bit of meat so will leave them for now. considering its drum all round i may get re vin and then look into doing something else later on down the track with putting some dics on.

have started the rust repairs, have started on rear right door, ready for patchs on the outside. couple doors need some patchs, couple are still solid, both front guards require a repair at the bottom. one rear guard needs a small patch, whole front of bonnet needs new steel, overall wasnt as bad as i was expecting.

floors are all really solid, probably due the the inch thick layer of grease on the under side of the car.

anyway heres some pics, l23 ready to come out, note the sweet exhausts they have

l23z.jpg

heres the l26, will throw in some new frost plugs and paint the block then wack it in one night this week

l26p.jpg

couple interior shots for you piners

dscf5166v.jpg

dscf5167s.jpg

• 1 month later...

having had quite some time off work being ill i decided to push the datsun outside and clean up the garage, i thought while i was at it id take some photos.

isnt heaps of progress. got my new welder setup and running swell so have been tackling the rust, explains why the rear door is off, started with that as its by far the worst.

motor wise, well all i can say is fuck l series, parts from the l23 and l26 really werent as interchangeable as i was hoping. i hate to say it but im gonna put a sr in it. before anyone says anything id like to state that i am far more dissapointed in myself than any of you could be. really not what i wanted but so much fucking around with the l series has just got me so unmotivated.

this tough cunt is running side draughts, this is ideally what i want to do

anywhere heres some pics

dscf5199g.jpg

dscf5198b.jpg

dscf5197x.jpg

dscf5196j.jpg

dscf5195f.jpg

dscf5194.jpg

dscf5193x.jpg

dscf5192v.jpg

• 2 months later...