1982 WB holden ute its rough as guts

Discussion thread > viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33691

Hi Guys This my Holden Kingswood ute WB. Owned four years driven for one. Plans are to find a running 202 drop it in get it on the road then build my v8 in the corner the reason i'm doing this is because as a farmer i need my ute going i'll give more details in my next post but for now here are some pics. ultimate plan is to make it similar to an early 80's bogan street machine jacked rear massive tyres side pipe chin spoiler and big 80's wing

wbfront.jpg

wb1r.jpg

95895800.jpg

Right this is how the story goes.

I bought this in 2007. almost completely stock and original with the exception of the Vk commo donk and the burnt orange painjob. it had a 3 on the tree and a 3.3 black donk that had some serious death rattles drove around like this warranted of course. then one night coming home from oamaru to the farm i turned of SH1 and th 3 speed blew up. jamming itself in 1st gear in side the box but neutral on the coloumn.

so... i bolted up a 5-speed box out of a VK had the yoke changed over and shortened the shaft by 70mm. at the same time i had the nose dropped 2.5 inches. for awesome bogan rake. was so proud!!! anyways 2 months afterwards the 6 gave up and once again i dropped in a replacement. carried on.

fast forward to may 2009

motor felt tired brakes were weak decided to park up and contemplate my next course of action decided to strip it down kill the rust and give it a paintjob in jet black (bad idea) black is right cunt to get right but hey live and learn. then sadly i lost interest in it so it sat there in the shed until now milking ends in 3 weeks and i have a nice fat paycheck/bonus coming my way time resurrect the truck. it wont be the daily drive but my own personal wheels for when the missus is out in the XR6 Turbo doing groceriesand picking our daughter from school.

one more thing! the reason for taking it in the direction i want to go is because i'm a sydney boy born and bred been living in NZ for 8 years now and want to get back to my roots with this old holden to remind me of the days when I lived in western Sydney. Me and the boys lived breathed V8 muscle... mind you i'm not predjudice to any vehicle origin import/us/euro as long as its old its cool..

cheers for reading my dribble

Dr Wylde

• 1 month later...

so now its case of sourcing the parts and bolting all togetheralong with redoing the engine bay wiring that some clown has destroyed.

happy days

I need to do:

*exhaust

*wiring

*trans cooler and lines

*need to find/buy trimatic dipstic tube (anyone got one let me know)

*gas pedal detent switch (as above)

*figure out what jets i need to use for a q-jet on a 253 or just buy another carb

*theres more when i think of it

and then cert

• 4 months later...

picture less update, have been quietly buying parts and building this up to a point where i can at least get the motor running have removed he 4 barrell manifold for the moment and fitted a 2 barrel in place along with the factory 2 barrel carb just need oil fuel and a battery to get this rough as guts thing going. That will have to wait till next days off. been thinking about general look and direction of it, contemplating just levelling it with some rear slam and some nice wheels and building up the 253 to get it singing, stuff the shit i was thinking before (clown) I must be getting old

any knowledgable ppl on here who know about quadrajet jetting as i opened mine up to see the jets/ needles. Its currently running 71 jets 55p primary needles and DP secondary needles. have found on other sites that i need to run 70 jets 48 primaries and CX secondaries other ppl though have said otherwise would love some advice anyone in the know

cheers