1982 Toyota Corolla Wagon (ke70 2 door)

Hi all,

Discussion thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=32800

Thought I had better get around to doing one of these, not only to give you all a reason to laugh at my "sweet skills" but also to seek advice!

So as the title says, below is my 1982 KE70 Wagon. Is a 2 door model, I haven't seen many of these in the flesh around the place which is what appealed to me.

I do plan for this to be somewhat a long term project, I don't expect everything to be done overnight as I hope to do most things myself and with the help of family/friends.

Right, so plans are as follows:

Rid of rust

Front end conversion (Get rid of ugly shovel front)

Panel & paint

Reupholster interior (Swap brown, for black bits)

Suspension & Breaks

In regardsto the engine, it has a 4k in it with an exhaust system, twin carbs, a few other little things and also a 5 speed g/box. This will do for now, until everything else is done. I think I wil go for worked 5k but thing could change.

Enough talking, time for photos!

I didn't get many photos of it before I started ripping it to bits but heres one from the rear end

35d105i.jpg

Some cancer photos

2gw6lj7.jpg

2z3v4nb.jpg

All plated up, rookie welding but does the job!

33tggv4.jpg

All poo'd up (still obviously not finnished but have slapped some rust reventative over the top to stop moisture being absorbed)

33x7ept.jpg

maj91v.jpg

22jmgz.jpg

16ih5hw.jpg

Well thats all the major rust, there is a couple of other little spots here and there.

8zmdja.jpg

This is the standard OG shovel front, it's in mint condish which is good for resale but ugly as!

2koacp.jpg

Front end off!!

5z3b0h.jpg

The parts place failed to give me the correct light brackets, so am a couple of parts away from it all fitting but that will come soon.

2ewmfpl.jpg

lehbm.jpg

^ - Oh this? Yeah, I am supprised I got her home!

dm72ag.jpg

50% Off at all 3M Products at supercheap, so I went shopping :D

So thats all for now folks!

Update.

So can't really do too much being the fact I have a hernia and am restricted to what movement I can do, also moving house in a month... Great time to get a hernia right :/.

I did however put the front lights, grille etc on. The valance that I have is munted so just waiting to get one of those, also the shovel front bumper mounts made the front bumper stick out, so need to order some of those at some stage as well but in the picture below you do get an idea of what it's going to look like done.

Personally, I think it looks bad ass.. Obviously not as bad ass as a twin headlight front, but this is good enough for me.

k0lvv6.jpg

I also had some Matte army green paint lying around at basecamp, managed to score a pair of these for a deal with the paint. I am very happy with the swap. They are already on KE70 DX rails, and move back and forth - so as far as I am aware (correct me if I am wrong) I won't need to get them certified :D.

5eg6yr.jpg

Also a little video for lols, it was parked on the road for the day - bringing it in and got a video. Yes I am aware that the exhaust is horribly loud, and the dumpy needs to go haha but that will happen in good time.

So that's all for now, I think the next plan of attack is to get these rear quarters looking straight, whip off the bumper/tow bar to reveal the state of the rust behind there. I am sure i'll more photos of the cancer.

Peace out all :)

• 3 months later...

It's been a wee while since I have done an update. We're all settled in our new place so there is no more excuses to get into it.

The rear quarter was stripped.. the rust had eaten through 3 layers of steel so went about replacing that

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kseries-rookie/7424650734

So after a full arvo of welding, putting all 3 layers back on - we have a finished welding result..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kseries-rookie/7430502478

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kseries-rookie/7430499488

The hole in the door also got a nice patch job

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kseries-rookie/7424651394

So just need to slap some poop over the top to give it a nice smooth finish and it'l look ballin'..

Sweet attempt of photoshop :D

59zi13.jpg

Sorry about the links.. I couldn't bloody get them to work

That is all.