Solidstripes Nissan Caravan

solidstripe

Discussion here - viewtopic.php?f=18&t=31260

So here's my new 1box - a 1984 Nissan Caravan - one of my dream cars. I had my eye on this car for years, and last time it was up for sale I couldn't sell my car quick enough to get it. This time round I made sure!

It's only done 106,000km on it's Z20, and going well. Not too much rust (mainly surface and mainly on the roof which is quite manageable)

Features include:

Sky high ride hight

Moon roof

Air con to africa and back

Side window on the passengers door (awes for parking)

LWB

8 seater

Factory alloys

All the perks of the high end "Silk Road" SGL version including the "waistbelt"

5 speed manuel

P1000930-1.jpg

P1000961.jpg

Solidstripe "likes this":

P10009801-1.jpg

HELLAFLUSH / STANCEWORX etc etc etc

P1000983.jpg

MEGA DISH / BOZO etc etc etc (thanks to my favourite double CD for helping, couldn't find a Barrel 51 can/cell phone/tamaguchi or any other such thing)

P1000985.jpg

Rod Burgendy interior with little fold back table in the centre console:

P1000981.jpg

P1000986.jpg

Got a sweet sticker for it:

P1000977.jpg

And also first things first, got some new old roof racks for it. Yay, but too small:

P1000973.jpg

P1000974.jpg

P1000975.jpg

And that's despite all the extra feet it came with that supposedly change the size etc.

P1000976.jpg

So a bit of modification to that will be needed. It was originally off an 80's Cressida or something.

Feels so good to be back in a Nissan. Compaired to the old delica, this thing is a brick! It just crusies! Doesn't get buffeted around nearly as much as the Delica did, it's really nice and steedy and comfortable.

Painting the roof and fixing one of the side windows will probably be first on the agenda.

The long term plan is to turn it into a sweet camper/cruiser/modern day kombi for trips and like. Should be fun :D Allready took it on a roadie around the Rotorua lakes and then up to the Coromandel (in the North Island) about two days after we brought it. All the back seats fold down to make a bed, chuck a blow up queen mattress on it and it's ubber comfy.

Fin

P1000987.jpg

This is how we've been campin' lately, but this will change. Going to keep the middle row of seats and have a "fold down bed" type set up. Going to try get the Mrs to score some sweet new/old stock of Torleys flooring from work to build the base with. (only the finest) Tons of room to work with here, could come out nice and super functional with a bit of planning:

P1010012.jpg

Radom camping pick to keep camper motivation high:

P1010016.jpg

And yes... yes it was almost a triple rainbow... no lies! Too much is what it means...

• 1 month later...

Minor update:

Starting to get on top of some minor electrical issues (rear wiper, squirter, tail lights, dash lights and ICE all not working) and are all fixed. Left on the sparky list:

Get the moon roof motor fixed (got no idea how to do that)

Get alarm rewired.

Taking the roof racks in to be modifyed next week - here's hoping they do a good job!