Cams sigma Wagon project future turbo conversion

DiRtYnIgMa

Discussion thread here - viewtopic.php?f=18&t=30934

Bought this tidy Sigma wagon off trade me 1986 GN sigma 2.6 manuel aussie assembled 160000 kms one owner seller stated it needed new suspension bushes and a new shock and the alternator was shot put the warning light wire on the alternator started charging cleaned under neath of car and took for a warrent at vtnz and it went straight through =) pictures to come in a few days

Picked up a 1995 rvr turbo today for $400 off a workmate that was going flying back to canada that wasnt coming back only 130000kms on the speedo has a 7 bolt crank shaft but had an old rwd 4g63t narrow block flywheel in the garage so took it to a friends work shop and heated it up and got the ring gear off and had the rvr fly wheel modified to suit only took 2 and a half hours then sweated the rwd ring gear on great boxing day having a few beers and machining things up.

lsddiff.jpg

this is the pajero LSD 10 bolt that fits straight into NON aussie sigma wagon diffs l200 diffs etc alot cheaper and easier to find than other LSD heads have a few lying around at the moment. all I am going to do it use a NON aussie wagon diff housing with the LSD pajero head with the pajero calipers and backing plates on the sigma wagon diff

another hot boring day cleaned up my diff to put in. went to my friends paddock where he has a good 300 cars and picked up some pajero parts 2 more LSD diff heads for a 24 pack of speights a 1 piece drive shaft for the wagon. and he also had a T04E turbo that he had for a project so did a straight swap for that with a old honda motorbike. thinking of using starion disks on my diff with pajero brake calipers

not alot of progress today. found a narrow block 5 speed gearbox out of a 2 litre sigma wagon. was originally going to turbo the 2.6 astron but the last one i did split the block running 7 psi with a head spacer modified magna wagon inlet manifold and a megasquirt ecu. I got told some of them split and the japan built blocks were alot stronger rather than aussie ones. found a forum that they are good for 10psi on standard internals.

Still have a G54B and box loom etc in the shed out of an american conquest 2.6 turbo. bought it in with some header parts in a container about 7 years ago

Discussion thread here - viewtopic.php?f=18&t=30934

Got bored today and surfed the web. bought a tial external off ebay and a stainless dohc 4g63t manifold it was cheap should be here in a few weeks. also found some pics that might help some one with a rwd DOHC conversion with mods etc to make them fit better. If any one has a 10bolt front loader wagon diff or ex turbo diff can they count the axel splines please to confirm the pajero LSD i fitted one in my wagon but would like some further info

Just had alook in my shed found a DOHC 2000 rocker cover off a mitsubishi eclipse at a guess looks better than DOHC 16 Valve will sand blast it tomorrow and might give it a coat of metalic blue with some clearcoat. have some house or kolor paint left over from when i worked at a panel beaters

had an average day a mate wrote his S13 off a few weeks ago so bought his front adjustys and hubs and brakes for $300 so will paint them up ready to put in. started pulling my rvr engine apart. going to order some eagle rods and wiesco pistons got all my holiday pay from work was owed 240hours holiday so that will help out with my project. put a cd player in the wagon today and some 4 inch jvc in front and 6 in the back doors running a amp yet to put the subs in have a sound stream amp for my 2 subs. going to lower the car tomorrow hopefully see how things go

another average day had to get my mate to drive me to christchurch as i have no licence for another 3 months. picked up a evo 3 long block out of a crashed car might put the head on the rvr motor with some 272 cams with forged internals ordered some rods and pistons out of the states should be here in a few weeks wiesco over sized pistons H beam rods all the good bits stock clearance

Will have some new pictures up in the weekend on the progress on my car have been real slack and now have image shack working again. hopefully have my new intercooler hanging in the weekend and the holes cut for intercooler pipes. intercooler mocked up. sunday hopefully get some sanding done and prep it for paint. have a guy lined up to do it i did work experience for to paint it matt green for me have some matt green 2 pot resene paint to do the job.

enginez.jpg

4g63.jpg

4g63t.jpg

picked this VR4 engine up today off a mate for $120 put on my shaved rocker cover and the painted cam gears. did a comp test and tested ok took the sump off and had the main caps off and bigend caps and the bearings looked ok may be good for a project took the oil filter housing off and flushed the oil cooler lines out