Matt's Datsun 1974 1500/620

rxtoy

I decided to stop being a shit cunt and just posting update pics in the 'Fav pics of your car' thread. Won't be too much progress though cause I love driving this thing everywhere while the BA XR6 ute sits in the driveway. Who needs power/brakes/comfort/AC/etc. This makes me smile every time I drive it.

How I got it, pretty much standard besides an average as fuck attempt to recover the door cards. Dash is crack free but the bench is proper fucked. A mate is gonna retrim, she's just busy for the next month or so

DSC01566.jpg

050985m_20.jpg

1450nja_20.jpg

Mirrors came straight off, I've wound down the torsions and put some 2.5 inch blocks in the back and fitted whitewalls all round. There's still plenty of low to come but it's a start.

f9eb6a51.jpg

abbe05d1.jpg

f892f5d5.jpg

I've also replaced the clutch slave and master and fixed most of the engine oil leaks.

Cheers

Matt

Been busy on Yahoo as well, got some works 15x7 -25 for the front (pic to come) and lost out on a matching pair/bit wider to suit the back.

Then I found these

ea6fc440.jpg

15x10 -45. Bands need a cleanup, and screws look pretty corroded but they were pretty cheap so I went for it. There's actually 11 inches under the guards at the back of the Datsun, I'm just not sure how that's gonna work out with the offset. Will be fun making them fit though!

Cheers

Matt

• 4 months later...

so......... its been fucking ages. and i haven't actually done that much. mainly because a big hit of demotivation came my way when a falcon decided to molest my poor little datsun. while it was parked. retard, how the fuck do you miss a bright white ute.

gah!

6bd4d7bc.jpg

wheels don't quite fit at the back, i've got about an inch each side i can get narrowing the diff, i'm going to try and get some narrower leafs (easy enough apparently, haven't checked it out yet) to bring it in another 1 or so each side.

b4129be1.jpg

99fc0a52.jpg

674f6d35.jpg

fronts are pretty much right where i want them. still a lot of low to be dialled in at both ends obviously, planning on some stretched tire and a bit of poke at both ends and see how close i can get the guards to the rim before i get a canary then maybe pull her off the road and think about a 4 link and some coilovers.

782150c9.jpg

e52775ea.jpg

5d84eb52.jpg

Clive tried helping out but mostly she just got in the way/scabbed scratches in the sun.

6f7edff9.jpg

and the ute doing what it was built for, fuck i love utes.

c9ca35bd.jpg

oh, the guys insurance us paying to sort out the panel damage, my panel guy is just sorting shit with the insurance company.

plus the wheels had just been delivered, they'll be getting a clean up.

cheers

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Insurance cuntpany wants to write it off, valued it at $1400 and the repair quote I got was double that. Getting an assessor round to check it out/up the value then I'll probably end up taking the write off, buying it back and repairing most of it myself. Can get aftermarket door and guard so just getting the pillar straightened is the mission

Crown has left the garage for brake/diff/engine upgrades so will be pulling the diff and leafs out of this soon for shortening/lowering. Probably pull bench fora rebuild at the same time.

Pic cause I hate pictureless updates:

bb425858.jpg

Cheers

Matt