Big A's 69 Gloria

BIG A

So after much drama I have now got all new Bilstein suspension on the old girl with adjustables still on the rear.

I did manage to do one thing to fix my centre console up and made up this to tuck under the dash for the stereo and the gauges.

15845500194_be599dbd85_b.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently I have the Gloria in at Engine Specialties on the Noth Shore getting a whole lot of engine work done to get the ol girl freshened up.

I lucked out as the guy had a short block that had all the work done to it that had been sitting in his shop for 2 years as a guy had over $2500 put into the block and hadnt come back to pay for the work done. I scored it for $1250.

The crank has been machined and balanced and the bores all done with flat top pistons.

They are going to port and polish the head, chuck a mild cam in, change my old points over to electronic ignition, feed the engine gases back through the exhaust, put on some air filters, polish up the valve cover and pretty up the engine before it goes back in.

Should be around the 185hp mark when all completed.

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Gloria back and man does she sound nice.

I can only drive the car under half load as the Solex carbs arent matched up to the engine so I have purchased some new 40 DCOE carbs to replace them and then it will be bak to the engine shop to get those fitted and then dynoed to see how much HP she is putting out now.

The engine sounds different to how it was before and the mild cam is unreal.

Cant wait till I can drive it under full load to see the difference in performance.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Wow big difference in power now that the new carbs are on and it is has been dynoed, its like night and day.

I was there for the dyno session and the Gloria was pulling just over 200hp at the wheels.

It now has awesome throttle response and put you back in the seat power. :-D

Also just had an email on Friday that my new wheels are ready from the states, 17 x 7's for the front and 17 x 9.5's for the rear.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...