OldNathans RX30 CRESSIDA 1UZ Build

OldNathan

Well after my shag around with my wheels snapping centre bolts(found them all to be lose) I may have it sorted. Re drilled the wheel the other day and got the tire refitted. Had a few slight leaks but I hadnt sealed the new holes. I knew I would need to but was out of interest sake. So in the next few days I will be doing the other 3 wheels and getting all the leaks fixed.

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

Cert is all sorted with the recheck and all honky dori. Waiting on plate to arrive now.

This weekend I will be picking up my diff and slowly getting things ready for this rear LSD/disk brake conversion. Will see how it all goes but want to get it to Oldschool track day. Hmm

More updates to come in the next few months of Link install, LSD, brakes and more suspension tweeks to get moar low.

• 3 weeks later...

Only a delayed update.

Seats were very stained so while I had a rug doctor for the day for other reasons I ran it over the Cressida.

Very happy...

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

Front suspension will be getting re made asap and adjustable diff arms.

Watch this space before Four and Rotor Nats show.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my front stub axles back and the engineer managed to cut them down, counter them and weld them to get another 80mm lower. Bloody nice job. So maxed it all out and threw them in the car to see where she ast and here is the result. ABout 30-40mm off the ground. Might have to come up a bit.

Also lowered the rear again so need to get adjustable diff arms made next week when we put the gearbox in.

2012-03-11150552.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry about the bad picture quality. My camera phone is scratched to hell.

Had an issue with nearly wearing through the oil cooler so temporarily moved behind the grill. Different look for now but I will put it back out the front when I have some time to make some mounts up higher.

2012-04-06170059.jpg

• 4 months later...

Well for the last 6 months Ive hardly used the old girl. Mainly because The tire kept going down and the battery was flat every day.

Today I went to start it and was flat as flat. Remembered I saw in my shed the other day an earth wiring kit from my old GTR. Wired it up to the 1UZ to give it a decent ground and started instantly. Looking forward to taking her for a run to see if she has improved. Enough jibba jabba..

2012-08-17135510.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Getting a few things sorted for the track this month. Needed some 15's so grabbed a set. 15x7 fronts which need repairing and 15x9 rears. Were pretty neglected but a good sand and a polish came up a pass. Might get the fronts made into 10's with new outers. At least I have some to drift on but still need more.

2012-08-29144350.jpg

2012-08-29150358.jpg

Before and after:

2012-08-29144147.jpg

Then both bone:

2012-08-29151145.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...