Crazy Tim's Rat shit attempt at a Rat Gemini wagz

crazytim

It was bound to happen, have so many gem's that I finally decided rather than scrapping my near terminally rusty 1980 TE Gemini Wagon I will make some cheap and nasty rust repairs and carry on this theme of cheapness and nastiness through out and have a go at this Rat thing all the kids are raving about.

It is half n half about saving this vehicle from being scrapped and clawing back some of the money I have poured down the drain which is owning 7 gems/chevettes as I am intending to do the whole thing spending as little money as possible and selling it hopefully at Kumeu 2012 (unless the mayans were right...)

Fire away harrassnment, advice/tips as well as props if you like what you see. The car itself hasn't been washed in a very long time and already has some fitting primered repairs, dents/scrapes/scratches and last night I had a go at bare metalling the bonnet with paint stripper... I failed but quite liked the result.

250258_2247102502489_1395961789_32692164_1935315_n.jpg

Will get some more pics when I put grill and bumper back on... she wont look like a TE gem as stolen the chrome bumpers and grill for my other red wagon.

Anyhow if anyone likes it enough to want it PM me, will sell as is but be warned it requires some commitment in getting rust sorted....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

224476_2274599349893_1395961789_32732681_1049682_n.jpg

285431_2274599629900_1395961789_32732682_8088007_n.jpg

After deciding the half paint strippered effect was a failure I spent a few hours bare mettaling bonnet today.... jebus paint was thick... ended up using my 180mm buffer with 24g disc running water over it to prevent discs clogging in an instant. (that was the final of 4 methods tried out)

Also removed the OG rear chrome bumper for use on my (other) red wagon and fitted plastic front bumper and head lamps and also emptied out all the stuff that has been stored in the boot for ages. Anyhow will try get it looking a bit more complete and maybe even start some patches on the rust.

Also take note of the scum strip along top of windscreen...

• Like 1