ms53wagons NZ New GTtwincam 16 Liftback

Hey,

Got inspired by Toot toot timmys GT so i thought id start a quick thread on my GT.

Was a mint little runner till the headgasket went. pulled the head off but unfortunately it was the block surface that was corroded

Currently being pulled apart for a new bluetop to be installed. wanted to keep it bluetop rather than newer 20v or something...

The car is pretty tidy all over (even the leather interior), paint is still great, interior mint apart from small rip on drivers seat. 217km's, lowered and 15" ae101? rims. Ive got the full set of original 14" too. Also has the VERY important front lip!

few photos of its current location (unfortunately has not been driven for a month or two!)

dscf0342b.jpg

dscf0343k.jpg

dscf0345k.jpg

dscf0344h.jpg

dscf0341s.jpg

dscf0347n.jpg

thats everything out just before i gave it a clean. get rid of the greasy shit on the cross-member etc.

Gonna take the flywheel somewhere tomorrow - where is good? BNT?

Also want to know how to change CV boot - i'm just not sure what tool i need to do up the steel rings that hold the boot on??

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

OK,

Got a lot done since last post.

Got a second hand bluetop 4age from Simon, arrived up in akl about tuesday last week...

Got my flywheel machined, picked up a new clutch and got some ARP flywheel bolts. Toyota wanted like $12 each, but got these ARP's for $50..

dscf0349c.jpg

spent about 2 days putting everything together.

Simons 4age is from aw11? i think so didnt have powersteer and AC pumps?, that meant i had to put my crank wheel onto the new engine which was way more of a mission than it should have been!

It also had slightly different throttle body setup for accel cable coming from a diff angle so i changed this over too. also the water outlet on the back of the head was diff. Simons only had one sensor where as mine had two. changed that over aswell.

Got the CV boot changed also.

Finally got everything put back together late today, have a small water leak at one point which ill fix in the AM.

It wont crank though? just "click".... thought it was flat batt so tried to jump it but that didnt work either??? ill check the starter and earth points in the morning but what else could it be???

Will try put some photos up tomorrow not that there is much too see - just standard 4age ae82 haha

any ideas of what else to check regarding the no cranking would be good so i can get it sussed asap..

discussion here: http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=28007