D1RTY6's 1973 Mazda B1600 wellside

D1RTY6

• 2 weeks later...

One week of owning it and have had a few little issues

1. head lights decided not to work on way home from work (was dark and I got more than a few fingers and people yelling at me to turn my lights on )got an auto sparkie to look at it cost me $64 to rewire whole thing which I didn’t think was to bad.

2. Day after getting head lights fixed water pump decided to blow its seals, brought a brand new one $75 and got a new clutch kit and spark plugs while I was in the fixing mood

dscf3268z.jpg

So that’s pretty much how my first week played out, could have been worse I suppose

Well the weekend was quite a productive one considering it was a long weekend and a few beverages were consumed.

As the sun came up on Saturday my neighbours were awoken to me Starting to sand back the black paint that was so painted on so thick. Spent all Saturday with an electric sander in hand attacking the drivers door and that’s all I got done 3 packets of sandpaper later! I have never come across paint that was as thick and clogged up sand paper like this stuff.

So after much frustration, I brought some paint stripper and spend most of Sunday getting high in my garage off the fumes, but man did it chew through the paint.

dscf3272s.jpg

dscf3273z.jpg

dscf3274p.jpg

dscf3278y.jpg

So now all that’s left to do this week is sand that last little bits and start to apply some Bog.

• 1 month later...

Well its been awhile since I've made an update,Truth is there's not much update on I'm still panel beating its finally down to wet sanding it.There was allot of dents (mainly in the tray) that hand to be Hammered out and the rest has been skimmed over with bog,

Had a few Ideas on Colours

1. Oxide Red

2. White

3. Standard Yellow

What do you guys think I'm more leaning towards Oxide red (its just an Awesome Colour)

I also Picked up another Full set of Hubcaps for the Beast for $10, So was pretty stoked

dscf3335a.jpg

Now all I need it a 4th matching Wheel, tried fitting new hubcaps and discovered left from wheel is different from the rest. so if any body has one for sale hit me up :)

• 4 weeks later...

so not much of an update but thort i should let you know why progess is so slow

ended up spending money on other cars

Brought this 1982 Madza 323 Wagon ...is now my Daily

dscf3408q.jpg

1970 ke11 Corolla, swaped this for my dirtbike and scooter. Had flares and a hole heap of other crap on it.Plan is to restore it to as original as possible

dscf3410u.jpg

and finally i thought i better put a picture of the ute, so this is how it sits as of today

dscf3420.jpg

• 2 weeks later...