1975 Renault R12 Estate

Lincooln

Well I thought it was about bloody time that I put up a build thread for my main project.

Its a NZ assembled 1975 R12 Estate. Being NZ assembled and a 75 model it has a real mix of different parts s is making a hard job of finding parts even harder. Oh the difficulties of owning a unique vehicle. :rolleyes::D

anyway the main thing is too get the brakes overhauled, renew the master cylinder, new brake discs, pads, shoes and braided lines for reliability, brakes are one thing that I dont skimp on.

just got to get a fuel filter put in and do a custom mount for a pod filter as the original filter is now no longer made or availble form anywhere, but Wi will keep it standard looking if possible.

ahh its been sitting in dry storage for about 12 years then we had to move it out so gave me more motivation to get stuff done. :D

not many pics yet and are all crap as they are only off my phone. so better ones in a few weeks when I can get up north again to do more work on it.

so I will stop yabbering and put up a few pics. Discussion is here viewtopic.php?f=18&t=26765

Pic_0303_173.jpg

Pic_0303_172.jpg

Pic_0217_146.jpg

Pic_0127_114.jpg

Pic_0127_121.jpg

Pic_0127_115.jpg

Ok so as people asked for them here are some pics of the fuego we have. Its a 1.6L Turbo hemi pushrod engine. 5 speed manual, BBS wheels. Bit of rust, mainly the driver A pillar and the rear of the roof and next to the petrol flap. I would rather see it restored rather than chopped up for parts. How ever there is plenty of parts that I want/could use off it. so make an offer. oh and bonnet is seized shut at the moment.

DSC00942.jpg

the other is a 89 Renault R19. 1.3L 5 speed. Engine ran out of coolant due to a rusty hose. no idea if it is seized or not. body in fair condition

look here for more pics of the Renaults: http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii96 ... han%20R12/

and here is the rack that I got for the R12.

Pic_0402_187.jpg

Pic_0402_188.jpg

and here is the link to the rest of the photo's of the R12: http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii96 ... ault%2012/

• 1 year later...

Well this is coming along slowly. Pictureless update by the way.

I thought I had sorted some storage and work area for this, but now its fallen through so will just have to settle for my car port thing at at home instead.

Been buying bits and pieces ready for it. Got new pads and shoes for brakes, got new headlight bulbs, getting some brand new rear shocks for $60, new badges. I also have found another set of wheels so I will get one set widened and the other stay original. Found some extra hub caps too so I am happy.

Have found a guy in Oamaru with a good bonnet and doors that are rust free. I just got to sell the Suzuki to get them up here before he scraps them.

Will be aiming to have it driveable and running by end of summer or earlier. Just need a new radiator and make sure shocks etc are all good and get brakes sorted with new lines.

I have intentions to have it at the next nats, but I won't be holding my breath.