Karl's 82 Ex Lancer build

karlb

Well this is my beast that i am currently building. Brought it old a lady who had it passed down from there grandparents. Got it for one hell of a deal :D

well its a 1600cc 5 speed GSL EX

at the moment it is completely stock standard

within the first week i had it pulled the windscreen out and repaired both a-pillars of a little bit of rust. pressed up a sheet of metal and tig-ed her all up.

First things I brought for it was a nice set of 13x7 hotwires. and now this is what it looks like :shock:

IMG_0074.jpg

HIGH ROLLER lol.

next thing on the list to do asap SLAM IT :D

well I haven't been able to do much work on it till today and have achieved a job well done.

Brought some E30 Superlow kings and chucked them in minus 1.5 coils and still captive :)

so i threw on the hotties and looks mean!!!only 1 little hick up............... the 13x7s on the front are a little bit wide and need to pump the guards out about 10mm. its still running a bit of positive camber so will be making up a pair of camber plates to pull it negative.

will get some pics up soon

heres the pics of what i done over the weekend

Standard suspension with the hotties on

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

And with the superlow E30 springs and hotties

126.jpg

124.jpg

128.jpg

The rear is still standard as im waiting for my shocks to arrive this week. Doesnt look like its lowered it very much because there only 13X7 with 215/50 eagers.with my oz 16"s on the guard was laying over the tyre by 5mm.

And measurement between cross member and road 108mm :shock::thumbright:

as you can see the front wheels are sticking out a little bit about 20mm what is a way i can pull them in a bit?

well yesterday couldn't do much on the car because of work and the damn rain!!!

but today i managed to put my new Monroe shocks in the rear :D

Standard Lancer VS Standard Mirage shock

097.jpg

After all been installed and back on the ground with the standard wheels on

103-1.jpg

100.jpg

Now with the lovely hotties on

104.jpg

107.jpg

Now I've got to go back to the front and lower the front more and now thinking of making my own coilovers and certing it as its below 100mm now so have to sort something out and call ol mark out to check it out :doubt:

• 2 weeks later...

Was able to do some work on it this weekend after all the hours at work iv been doing.

60 hours a week :shock:

Well got my mate at autolign to sort out some custom rear shocks at got some 14x7 modgies with 195/45/14 on

2011-04-09133311-1.jpg

2011-04-09133234-1-1.jpg

Also pulled the air cleaner off and degreased the carb and adjusted the rich idle as it was running a bit rich and put a gt40t coil on

now it drives like a dream

also got new idler arm bushes and is in need of a decent wheel alignment

• 4 months later...

heres a bit of an update.

got this last week :D

IMG_0507.jpg

and got it in the garage finally and pulled out the 1600 and started pulling the front end apart, ready to do a lil rust repair thanks to the poor setup of the window washer bottle and radiator bottle. And seam welding the engine bay wth full panel and paint.

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

the other week i fitted new carpet. but not very happy how it turned out had to modify it a fair bit just to get it fitting right. so a the moment talking to autodec to try and get it sorted out.

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

Brought some Evo 4 rear seats and dummy fitted them to see how much modifying will be need.

the back part is pretty straight forward to go in just have to make a couple of new hooks where it looks into. but the bottom part is going to need a bit of shortnening and shaping around the wheel arches a bit to push them back.

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

Now today the plan is to pull the motor out of the sigma and start stripping it for a rebuild.

any pointers and help with this build up would be greatlly appreciated :thumbright:

• 1 month later...

did a bit on it this weekend got the rust below the washer bottle removed and welded a new plate in and epoxy primed the front panel.

just got a 8 bolt lsd :)

and this weekend ill try and take some more pics. after i tig weld the strut towers and seam weld the front and rear end

• 11 months later...