rb drifter's 1983 mitsubishi sigma se

Discussion thread > viewtopic.php?f=18&t=26285

1983 mitsubishi sigma se

picked it up for $650 with wof and rego and was just down the road.

its a 2litre auto fully nana spec fairly tidy, just a litle bit of rust in doors that needs doing.

thought it would be better to spend money on this puting my turbo setup in this than fuck around fixing the other one.

plans are, turbo engine, manual box, slammed, dished 15s, new exhaust and general tidy up.

pics to come

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

been a while but time for an update,

so far,

rear springs been cut

all the auto shit been taken out

stereo been fitted

pod filter and mini breather filter fitted

and thats about it so far

still need to line clutch up so that gearbox will fit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

time for an update.....

has been moved into shed finaly so time to get to work on it over winter while i loose my licence.

havent done alot so far,

clutch pedal installed.

standard sohc carby 4g63 has been removed.

have started to rebuild my sohc turbo 4g63t 8v starion motor, still trying to sort out a gearbox for it.

decided i want to run adjusties allround in the suspension, for the rear i will make brackets to mount eg civic rear adjusties. for the front i will buy adjustable coilover sleeves that will be welded to origanil struts, but want to get wheels/tires first so i get it sitting at the right height.

have started saving up for the wheels/tires and coilover sleeves so hopefully will have them within the next month and will update again....

• 1 month later...

finally got my wheels they are sportmaxx 15x8 with 0 offset in full mattblack, at first i wasnt sure about full matt black but once i seen them in person i had to have them.

started puting motor back together but now need a new oil filter housing as i cracked the origanil one.

only other thing i have done to the car is tint strip on front windscreen and tinted front windows. was going to start work on suspension but moving house so need to keep it rolling for now.

will upload pics soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

sussed a turbo gearbox finally!! got a 5puck heavy duty excedy clutch and had the flywheel scimmed also. got the motor and box together and sitting in the car now but need to make an adoptor to line the gearbox mount up. also got a deep dish drift steering wheel and dildo shifter.

decided to use a td05 turbo but will have to make a custom manifold for it and angle it due to the powersteering pump being in front of it. will get onto that once i sus a welder.

• 2 weeks later...

illest badge that i found on trademe, payed way too much for it.

008sxe.jpg

standard steelies i plan to get widened about 2" and use for skid rims

010jlm.jpg

starion loom that i got with the motor when i bought off my mate, as you can see its been stripped back and is an absolute mess. looks like ill have lotsa fun sorting this out.....

011rg.jpg

• 1 month later...

found that my r31 struts fit into the front of the sigma and are shorter than sigma struts. im using lowering springs out of my honda struts, they are just uncaptive so plan to get shorter shock inserts, make top/botom hats to suit spring diameter and shorten the strut itself to get siting just a tad bit lower.

• 3 weeks later...

got another loom for it as last one was a bloody mess, i stil have no idea how to wire it up so will leave that for a proffessional. also got some steel wheel bands from mackaz, they 14 by 8 and 14 by 9, will probly put my sigma centres into them and use for skid wheels.

shit055.jpg

shit052.jpg

shit053.jpg

need to tidy were old centres were cut out and might just raw and clearcoat wheels or otherwise let rust or something so they look phat

• 1 month later...

along time and still nothing is hapening to this but on other news there will be work done on it soon as i got this....

sam2522s.jpg

only wanted it for the motor and box, front mount, wiring etc.

sam2524y.jpg

fucked the clutch driving it home as you do, was a crawl for the last 1km, found out it has lsd tho which is choice

progress may be slow as both cars are getting shifted to a shed about 1 hour away form my flat and probly wont work on them that often until funds get a bit better for travels.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

update time...

got my s13 cusco adjusties got one of the fronts in, had to drill new top holes.

found that s13 hubs dont fit onto the sigma balljoints/botom arms that well so tried and s13 botom arm and theyre same length just have to drill holes bigger on crossmember were they bolt up.

slam should be alrite, well itl have heaps of travel and i know the back cant go very low so no point having the front fully dumped on the ground.

hoping to get both fronts in and have it rolling by weekend so i can move it and rip motor/box out to replace with motor/box from the starion. plan is to have it drivable by next whangarei oldschool meet but i am a usless cunt so dont hold your breath.....

pics....

marking new holes

nigahniagh063.jpg

nigahniagh092.jpg

s13 cuscos compared to r31 shocks that were in car.

nigahniagh066.jpg

s13 hubs that are drilled to 4 and 5 stud

nigahniagh064.jpg

nigahniagh072.jpg

s13 bottom arm

nigahniagh085.jpg

need to drill one side of this bigger for bolt on s13 arm.

nigahniagh086.jpg

nigahniagh087.jpg

more to come after weekend hopefully......

• 4 weeks later...

got the front back on the ground kinda..... had to put driveshafts under wheels to get jack out(dont have wood blocks).will have to take photo so all yous can lol at its ruffness

put my 15" satarion wheels on and it tucks a litle tyre, without a gearbox, seats or fat pakeha/maori boy sitting in it.

stoked with that but may end up having to lift it up a tad.

still need to do some serios adjustments/thinking about steering setup.

• 2 weeks later...

sussed out a 1980 sigma certed for turbo motor etc. but it has been crashed and panelbeated, then left outside for many years so is a very rusty car. plan is to use parts i need off it to get this se sigma running and either sell whats left of the 1980 one or leave it in shed and do rust repairs/get shell mint leave for future project. i seriously need some pics on this thread though its getting a bit boring.

• 1 month later...

went and picked up the turbo parts car today, also got a few other parts with it too, gearboxes, suspension motor shit etc.

car has some serious rust issues so will most probably be retired to the padock/burnout pad, its road legal days are over.......

please excuse crapiness of pics, they were off the ipod

lindenscamera011.jpg

lindenscamera014.jpg

lindenscamera017.jpg

lindenscamera018.jpg

lindenscamera019.jpg

also measured the grey sigma after finaly geting it on the ground, its 50mm to the crossmember!......

lindenscamera021.jpg

lindenscamera022.jpg

lindenscamera025.jpg