Spacie's KP60

spacie

so yeah been away from this site for years, thought I'd become a regular again 8) the quality of your builds now are amazing since then, looking forward to catching up and going to a few meets etc!

anywhoo, to sum up what ive been up to, crashed my Triumph 2500TC :cry: and sold it which im fucking gutted about now after seeing Snoozin's! (very very badass imo!), sold the Mark I esky after abandoning all hope on it and the Mark II estate wagon after id done all i really wanted to do to it a few years back (saw the Estate later that year at the 4 & Rota Nats, exactly the same as I'd left it). Then got the minitrucking bug and bought a D21 Navara with a SR20DE, converted the front to Pathfinder (4wd guards and all that), some low, 17s etc. Got bored and cbf with all the rust in the tray so sold that too (wont bother posting photos, it aint old skool)...

Then got this...

125556510full.jpg

125556629full.jpg125556656full.jpg125556726full.jpg

1986 KE70 wagon, almighty 4K

drove it all the way up from Christchurch!

then turned it into this:

img0006ej.jpgimg0007px.jpgimg0008tv.jpgimg0004tl.jpgimg0001ez.jpgimg0003tl.jpg

lowered with Cobra superlows up front & Dobi 2inch blocks out back on 16x8 +4 offset Performance Superlites (charcoal centre) and stretched 195/45x16 tyres. Ramflo air filter, aftermarket oil breather filter, Coby extractors, full 2inch exhaust into a stainless dumpy, blue Top Gun silicon leads etc. Rolled guards, woodgrain MSport old skool steering wheel, AJPS spin turn handbrake knob, Panasonic headunit, Fusion 4inch speakers in front kick panels, boxed Fusion 6x9s in the rear etc etc etc

Got bored of it and after tossing up if i should 4AGE it, ending up selling it...

Which leads me to my new toy...

picture120x.jpgpicture123ur.jpgpicture124ex.jpgpicture122d.jpgpicture125ol.jpgpicture126s.jpgpicture121u.jpg

1982 KP60, redtop 4AGE conversion done by Choke On The Smoke Racing in Rotorua. custom engine and gearbox mounts, Coby extractors into full mandrel bent 2inch system, 1 resonator, 1 muffler and rotary style boiler muffler out the back. Walbro electric fuel pump, big fuel lines, cut and shut front facing plenum, TVIS removed, intake pipe and pod filter, custom big alloy radiator with front mounted electric fan, new silicon leads, HKS spark plugs. T50 22 spline cog swapper with Xtreme heavy duty clutch kit, lightened flywheel, short shifter with D1 Racing weighted gearknob, modified pedal box, shortened Hilux diff with 4.3 LSD. brand new shorter KYB shocks all round, superlow Lovells springs in front, super low Kings in the rear, Nolathanes all round. AE101 Levin discs all round, twin pot calipers in front, singles in the rear. 15x7 38 offset ROH Reflexs on 195/50x15s with 15mm spacers up front to clear the large calipers. 4 point rollcage, fire extinguisher, Mazda RX7 seats, stripped out rear, RJS harness, SAAS drift dished steering wheel, Autogage 5 inch tach with shiftlight, Autogauge oil pressure gauge, battery in box in boot, custom immobiliser (requires chip to start), black carpets, hood lining, doorskins etc. full respray in a custom yellow. probably missed some shit.

Plans are as follows:

Put drift style wheel on :PDONE

Fit LSD as car came with an open diff with fucked bearings DONE 4.3 LSD fitted but diff leaking oil through seals, have replaced these but it appears Choke On The Smoke have shortened the diff but not the axles accordingly so am getting some 5mm spacer/shims made up to solve this issue.

Get some better wheels. front wheels sit out more than the rears and are spaced out 15mm to clear calipers. need something that will clear my calipers, 15 inch, at least 7 inches wide and will fit in my guards. Tried putting 5mm spacers on the rear to try and bring the rears out a bit more but there wasnt enough thread left on the studs :lol: probably fuck all out there unless i get Performance wheels to make up some more like for my KE70...but thats $$$$$...

Get some better tyres DONE. have some 195/45x15 Nankang NSIIs sitting at work for me