Ogre's New Older 1975 LA Lancer.

Ogre

Well whata know, ive got another one.Scored it for a pretty good deal.

Has Been fully panel and painted in Ford blood orange.
Bilstein Coilovers in front, with Starion brakes.
EX lancer front crossmember, Starion lower arms
Has 4g63, Sigma 5sp gearbox with extention housing mods Exidy HD clutch.

Plans at this stage are to get a wof and rego.Get rid of the standard solex carberator as it seems to be having issues idling down.Fit my set of flares and get wider wheels.Will eventually drop my DOHC AMG 4g63 engine in when ive done building that (will be ages).
Lastly fit a better diff.Would be keen on a 10bolt Sigma wagon diff or somthing along those lines.

Enough talking, heres some pics:

DSC01711.jpg
DSC01717.jpg
DSC01719.jpg
DSC01722.jpg
DSC01721.jpg
DSC01723.jpg
DSC01724.jpg

Project Discussion http://www.oldschool...hp?f=18&t=26149

• 3 weeks later...

Small update, car is now fully legal and have been driving to work the last week.

All it failed a wof on was a tie rod that cost me $15.

Not bad for a car in unknown condition thsats been sitting for over 2 years.Pretty stoked.

Will just tidy her up, need to connect up the heater core and see if that leaks, if it does then replace it.Its a pain in the arse not having a heater.

Fan also not working so need to investigate that further also.

Fit new carpets and sound deadening and also take a better look into the gearbox.I think its on its way out.Seems the sleeve on the rear of the selector shaft has alot of play and is making the gearstick rather floppy.Crunches abit changing up to 4th and down into 3rd.Im not sure at this stage if this is due to the play in the shaft or syncros.I have a sigma 5speed i can replace it with which appears to be in good condition.

A few more pics etc:

CopyofDSC01735.jpg

DSC01729.jpg

• 1 year later...

Small update.

I have now sold my old green lancer to Bigfoot so more time, effort and money can go into this.

Short term plans:

Fit the engine with my R1 carbs (finally), all i need to do is get a manifold made up and adapt the fuel system to suit.

Big dirty cam. Green lancer has a nice cam, still have the specs so somthing like that or larger.

Fit mega jolt ignition system and VR4 coils.

Still cant decide if to fit the bolt on flares and do somthing with wheels. Im thinking get new rims and fit my centres. Width, 7.5 fronts and maybe 8 or even 8.5 on the rear.Whatever i can fit under there really with alittle stretch.

Get alittle more low and fit starion coilovers i have.

Then Cert it until AMG engine is ready to go (long term).

Odd bit of panel work that needs attention also.

R1 Crabs.

DSC01642.jpg

Mega Jolt.

DSC01644.jpg?t=1344484556

• 1 year later...