Otago/Southland Trackday meet April 16-17

cozmoid

So this is the current proposal getting chucked around on the Dunedin toyspeed forum. Oldschool should definitely get in on this!

So just an idea at the moment but will go ahead with enough support

2010-2011Flyer-1.jpg

So on the 16th and 17th of April the Southland Sports Car Club is holding a few events.

On the Saturday they're holding a public trackday, where you can just rock up in your everyday street car, or a dedicated racecar and have a blat round the track. Your car will need to be in a WOF'able condition, with a fire extinguisher securely mounted in an easy to reach place ( althoungh their pretty relaxed about the having an extinguisher rule). You will also need a pair of cotton overalls and and a helmet

Then on Sunday they're holding motorkhana, where you can just bring any car as long as its got four wheels and a steering wheel, no helmet or overalls required. For the Motorkhana what happens is they set up 3 short courses around cones for you to test out you driving skills, 2 of the courses are on the tarmac and one on the grass. (Ill post up a couple vids of the last motorkhana when i upload them to youtube).

So the plan for the meet was

Saturday

*Meet up in Invers some where and cruise out to Teretonga (11:30am) (you guys will have to organize the drive from dunners)

*Take part in the trackday ($50)

*Head somewhere that night for a few beers and a feed, (Maybe at my flat)

Sunday

*Meet up again and cruise back out to teretonga (9:00am)

*Take part in the Motorkhana ($20)

*Then after the motorkhana (about 1:00) we could go go karting ($23)

So tell me what you guys think, would you guys be intrested in doing a whole weekend thing or would you be more interested in just a day thing