Grumbles Alto From 86.

I have purchased an 86 Alto, 4 door, 4 on the floor, 3 in the engine, with 800 cubic centimeters of displacement. It will be my daily. I have a set of Advan A3A's to go on it in a stunning 13x6 inch layout, im going to maybe try get 145 65 13's on there. I plan to slam it once said wheels are fitted, maybe redo the exhaust to unleash that glorious 3 cylinder boner inducing sound, and remove the mud flaps to start with. First thing to do is clean up the wheels and paint the centers, not sure on colour, any ideas?

advangolda3aaltolow.jpg

advanblacka3aaltolow.jpg

advana3aaltolow.jpg

AIGHT, got this bad ass home a couple of days ago, and had a good look at it last night. Straight away I have discovered a problem, the rear end of these has a solid axle, with a single leaf spring, my problem is the spring is on top of the axle, this is going to make slamming it super tricky. I cant think of an easy way to lower the rear? I think the only option is to put the axle on top of the spring, which involves a lot of work due to shit being in the way and so on, I will slap a pic up tonight. I guess if I mod the axle in this way i'd have to get a cert? Anyone ever lowered a car with a set up like this? Is there an easy way of doing it that I dont know of?

Also tried one of the 13x6 wheels on it (factory wheels are 12x4 btw), I think they will be spot on, seem to stick out about two inches from the guard, so with the lip flipped out and a bit of tire stretch, should be gravy.

• 2 months later...

Have been sorting out the wheels for this, shined them up and cleaned them ready for paint. Had my heart set on piss off bright chromey gold, so purchased some fancy paint and special primer from repco, but it turns out nothing like the indicated colour, comes out a horrid orange colour,

DSC01659.jpg

So I got the shits and quickly painted over it in black just to see what it looks like (as i'm going to have to strip it back anyways)

DSC01664.jpg

DSC01662.jpg

DSC01661.jpg

I have to clean up the grey part of the car, and was going to paint that gloss black also, so the whole car will be black, I think the black looks ok with the shiney rim, but is it all a little to black?

I got some 165 65 13 tires fitted to two of the rims today, and ordered two more. Got home and trial fitted the wheels, and it seems I cant use them, i'm so fucking gutted. The front is doable with a bit of gaurd stretching, but theres no way I can stretch the rears to clear the tires, they rub like mother fuckers. The only way to do it would be to shorten the rear axle two inches, or jack the car up even more and stiffen the springs, so thats kinda out of the question. Also, the wheels look mean until you fit them to the car, then they look shit house :doubt: Would need to be super slammed to make wheels look ok, and I cant do that as they stick out too far.

These pics dont really show how far out the wheels stick, but they would be a good 35/40mm, not a lot really, but the rear gaurd/door set up is just a cunt.

DSC01672.jpg

DSC01673.jpg

DSC01674.jpg

DSC01675.jpg

Cocks.

• 1 month later...

Well, I did a few things to this, stripped and repainted the bumpers, re-glued the hood lining on, took some dents out of it and repainted the bottom half of the right side, fixed up lots of small things, and gave it a general clean up. It was also making a lot of funny noises as it had fucked CV's, fucked front wheel bearings, fucked gearbox bearings, and heinous piston slap (was using 1.5L of oil every 500km) but I managed to fix all of these funny sounds in under 30mins, by installing a shiney new head unit. I also bought a block off Mr Oskar for a future rebuild due to engines fuckedness. Mr 5macks also gifted me a set of brand new 1mm over size pistons he just happened to have? and a sweet poster of the Suzuki small car/ute/van range.

I had been driving this to work every day for a few months, and began to realise just how shit house the running gear was, as mentioned before, the CV's, gearbox, wheel bearings and engine were all dieing. It also had fucked shocks, a huge crack in the windscreen, was covered in dents, and all the ball joints were as loose as your mothers. I decided I wasn't going to spend any money on fixing up the horrid little cunt of a car that it was (dont get me wrong, they are neat little cars, but this was a very poor example of one) and that I needed a ute. So I part traded its ass on an RN40 Hilux. Happiest day of my life. THE END.